Walk down the candy aisle of any store, around the Holidays, and you’ll find an array of sweet, decadent, goodness. If you’re anything like me, you might even hear them whisper your name. What? I’m the only one?
Everything from candy canes to giant kisses, it’s all there, but one of my favorite candies during ANY Holiday is the chocolate covered marshmallow variety. Seriously, I can sit and eat these all day. This year, Just Born, the makers of PEEPS, launched a brand new product on store shelves. The Chocolate Covered Mint-Flavored Tree has made it’s entrance into our home and today, I’m bringing you 5 things to do with this chocolate covered treat.
I was asked to come up with a recipe and/or craft using these Chocolate Covered Peeps, but I need to be honest here. I’m not one for creativity when it comes to baking. I want to follow instructions. I want to get EXACTLY what’s on the ingredients list. Maybe it’s my OCD, but I don’t usually venture out to create recipes from sweet treats I already love. I mean, I love them already, so why go through the trouble?
I do, however, love spending time with my babies and doing fun crafts. So, it inspired me to list my top:
Chocolate Covered Mint-Flavored Trees
1. Freeze Them: My husband isn’t a dark chocolate eater, but he thought he’d try them. He actually liked them, but offered up his opinion, “They’d taste better cold, maybe even frozen.” Hmm… It got me thinking, that isn’t a made idea. Freeze them for a cool treat OR throw one into a thermos of hot chocolate while you’re out looking at Christmas Lights. This will cool the drink a bit AND give it a nice minty flavor.
2. Marshmallow Peeps Pops: My 3-yr-old and I took, today, to decorate our PEEPS Chocolate Covered Trees. It was such an easy way, hassle free, way to spend time together and create sweet treats. All you need is your favorite cake decorating icing. We used small tubes and they worked great.
3. Teacher Gifts: Grab up just enough Chocolate Covered Mint-Flavored Trees for your child’s teachers. Don’t forget the bus driver and extra curricular activities teachers. You can even use the above method in gift giving. It’ll be your very own version of Cake Pops, except the “Marshmallow Edition”. Wrap in cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
4. Make a Cake: PEEPS has a great recipe you can try called Cool Minty Cake that would make for the perfect Holiday Party treat.
5. Stocking Stuffers: These make a great idea to stuff stockings this year!
You can buy individually wrapped Marshmallow Mint Trees at stores such as Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart and even online at Amazon.com.
Thanks to Just Born Candies, one lucky Momma Findings reader will win a gift box filled to the brim with Just Born brand candies, including PEEPS®, MIKE AND IKE®, HOT TAMALES® and PEANUT CHEWS®. Winner will also be sent an optional survey upon arrival of the box. If filled, you’ll be eligible for a “sneak peek” at receiving a sample of upcoming new items.
Tell me, in the comment section, one fun thing (recipe, craft, activity, game, etc) you do with Peeps. It doesn’t have to be the chocolate covered peeps, but if you have an idea for those, that would be great. Need inspiration? Head over to www.marshmallowpeeps.com and check out their recipes.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- FOUR EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” both the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page. Go ahead and leave a comment once you get there. We love wall comments!
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both me on Twitter, then tweeting about this giveaway. You must have, at least, 100 followers to qualify for this option. Great tweet would be: #Win a gift box of JustBorn candies, including Christmas Peeps w/ @Sarann at MommaFindings(link). NOTE: You must ACTUALLY include the link to this post, not the words INCLUDE LINK. C’mon guys. I hate having to type that, but the last few contests have been crazy like that.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today December 7th – December 15th 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner, Jackie V., with the comment, “We like to put Peeps in the microwave for a few seconds. They expand and get warm and gooey! Very tastey! Thanks for the review and giveaway!” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016