Welcome to Day 2 of our Halloween Party, sponsored by Nestle Family. Yesterday, we talked about fun Halloween baking ideas for all those hungry Ghosts and Goblins. Today, we’re talking all things party. If you’ve been around Momma Findings you know that I used to live miles and miles away from this Texas town. In fact, I lived in both North Carolina and Tennessee. While living there, away from family, we attended quite a few Halloween themed playdates with some of the COOLEST decorations, activities, food, and take-home favors.
This year, we’re not having a real LIVE party, but that doesn’t mean we don’t make extras for all our favorite neighborhood trick-or-treaters. So, whether or not your throwing a Halloween party or just making treats for the kids in your child’s class, these friendly ghost treat bags are sure to fly out the door.
This year, I’m excited to make fun treat bags for both my son’s 3rd grade class and my daughter’s 1st grade class. I didn’t want just ANY treat bag, but, instead, wanted the kids to be involved in making them. So, after looking online I found great ways to disguise Halloween candy for guests or friends at the Better Homes and Gardens website.
|Picture from bhg.com|
What You’ll Need:
- Frosted plastic gift bags
- Googly Eyes
- Hole Puncher
- Black Cord, Ribbon, or Twine
- Popcorn (or preferred treat)
How To Do It:
For each bag, simply round the top corners with scissors and apply two googly eyes. Fill the bag with popcorn or Halloween treats, punch two small holes through the top, thread a black cord through the holes, and tie in a bow. Easy Peasy.
I like this idea because you don’t have to fill it with sugary candy. I mean, they’re going to get enough of that already. You can fill it with popcorn, crackers, apples and oranges, or even small toys or pencils. Another idea, I learned from Nestle, is how to make a Halloween Party Punch called Bone Chillin’ Brew. All you need is your favorite Juicy Juice and a few frozen fingers. (Picture Above)
To help you throw your very own Ghoulish Celebration, one lucky Momma Findings reader will win Juicy Juice® prize pack that includes:
- $25 Target gift card to purchase party essentials
- Two bottles of Juicy Juice® punch to make Bone-Chillin’ Brew for guests
How To Enter (Required):
Yesterday, you guys shared all those fun baking ideas, but do you have any fun ideas for a Halloween party such as, favors, activities, decorations, or even a creative theme? Leave one idea/tip in the comment section.
- Follow me on Twitter and send a tweet letting your friends know, such as: It’s a Halloween Party all week long w/ @Sarann! Enter to win a Juicy Juice Prize Pack at Momma Findings (link). Leave your status url in the comment section.
- “Like” Momma Findings on Facebook and leave me a comment. You’ll stay up to date on all the winners chosen this week for Halloween Party
- Blog about the Halloween Party. Yes, this is a special entry because doing this gets you an extra entry for each giveaway this week. Just leave a comment each day with you url of your blog post. Please link directly to this post.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner Kylie with the comment, “It’s tough to find things that tweens will like but I’ve found that play one of the many variations of flashlight tag out in the yard or basement is right up their alley.” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Contest starts today Oct. 19th – Friday Oct. 22nd at 11:59PM CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes. Winners will be contacted the following day by an edit in this post and announced on the Momma Findings Facebook Page.
**There’s lot of partying going on this week. I’m only 1 of 5 bloggers hosting fab Halloween inspired ideas with Nestle. Head over and check out The Not So Blog, A Daily Dose of Toni, This Full House, and Mom Spark for more opportunities to win and more discover Ghoulish ideas for happy haunting!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016