In about 2 weeks, my family will be walking down the street, knocking on doors, and shouting out, “Trick or Treat!” Halloween is one my favorite times with the kids, as we step into a world of make-believe, gather up candy filled goodness, and create all kinds of yummy treats in the kitchen together. We have so many activities planned for this Spooky Holiday like visiting the Pumpkin Patch and kicking back at the School Carnival, but, by far, the most I’m looking forward to is all the baking.
To kick off and count down to Halloween, I’ve partnered with Nestle Family for a Halloween Party right here on Momma Findings. Starting today, October 18th – 22nd, I’ll bring you fun ways and time-saving tips to celebrate the spookiest holiday of the year. Along with those ideas, will come a daily giveaway of a Nestle Prize Pack. The week-long excitement wraps up on Friday where I’ll be giving away a Grand Prize Party Package full of all kinds of goodies and a $100 Walmart Gift Card.
As I mentioned above, I love Holiday Themed treats. I don’t necessarily bake very much throughout the year, but if it involves mummified pies, or witches fingers, well.. that’s just more fun that I can describe. This year I want to try new recipes and surprise the kids with a little grossness all my own. So, I turned to one of my favorite sites for all things Holiday Fun, Disney Family Fun. It didn’t take long to find a winner once I put my “brain” to it.
- 12 Cupcakes (any kind)
- Buttercream Frosting
- Food Coloring
- Bake a batch of classic cupcakes.
- Spread a coat of light orange icing (you can stir drops of yellow and pink food coloring, and just a touch of green, into 2 cups of buttercream frosting until you find a hue you like) on a dozen cupcakes.
- Use a pastry bag fitted with a number 10 round tip to top them with fat zigzags. It works best to first pipe two zigzags down the middle and then fill in the sides.
I needed a little help to find baking ideas and I know I can always find them online on my favorite sites, but some of you have more creative baking skills than I do. So, why not show them off? Enter your own ideas in the Spooktacular Baking Activity Contest on Facebook until October 20 and vote for your favorite idea until October 28!
To kick off the party and boost creative baking (Whoop! Throw your hands in the air!) one lucky Momma Findings reader will win a baking activities package from Toll House that includes:
- Coupons for two free packages of Toll House Refrigerated Cookie Dough
- NESTLÉ Toll House apron
- $25 Target gift card to purchase additional baking essentials.
How To Enter (Required):
Leave a comment telling me a fun spooky treat you bake for Halloween. Hey, if you wanna share the recipes, that’s cool too (not required though). I’d love to introduce them to both my kids and all my readers.
- Follow me on Twitter and send a tweet letting your friends know, such as: It’s a Halloween Party all week long w/ @Sarann! Enter to win a Nestle Toll House Prize Pack at Momma Findings (link). Leave your status url in the comment section.
- “Like” Momma Findings on Facebook and leave me a comment. You’ll stay up to date on all the winners chosen this week for Halloween Party
- Blog about the Halloween Party. Yes, this is a special entry because doing this gets you an extra entry for each giveaway this week. Just leave a comment each day with you url of your blog post. Please link directly to this post.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner Susan with the comment, “I like to make the ghost cookies out of nutter butters! so cute!” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Contest starts today Oct. 18th – Friday Oct. 22nd at 11:59PM CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes. Winners will be contacted the following day by an edit in this post and announced on the Momma Findings Facebook Page.
**There’s lot of partying going on this week. I’m only 1 of 5 bloggers hosting fab Halloween Inspired ideas with Nestle. Head over and check out The Not So Blog, A Daily Dose of Toni, This Full House, and Mom Spark for more opportunities to win and more ideas to spooktify your Halloween. Bwa ha ha ha ha hah!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016