There is something about going to the carnival that makes me downright giddy. I love the games, the rides, the cotton candy. I love it all. Unfortunately, my husband isn’t a fan. He likes the fun of it all, but doesn’t like the high cost. To enjoy games like this, we usually go to arcades such as Incredible Pizza, but ever since we discovered Carnival Games for Nintendo Wii, we’ve practiced our skills in the comfort of our own home.
Actually the kids and I have played this game to death and I was beginning to wonder if there would ever be a Wii game that we’ll like as much as we do Carnival Games. Then, 2K Play showed me otherwise when they debuted the NEW Carnival Games for the Wii. There’s NEW Carnival-Themed Games, NEW Functions, NEW Prizes, and NEW fun to be had with the family… all over again. Sweet.
New Carnival Games brings the fun of the carnival into your living room, and gets the whole family together for skill-testing competitive and cooperative games accompanied by side-splitting laughs. This time, you’ll experience a world of brand-new adventures that are wackier than ever and win exciting wearables from the biggest prize rack you’ve ever seen. For the first time ever at the Carnival, you can use your Wii MotionPlus controller accessory (not included). Step right up to the ultimate carnival for family fun like never before — and you don’t even have to wait in line.
- Over 30 NEW games and attractions bring New Carnival Games to life with midway favorites like Pitch-A-Plate, Bottle Stand-Up, Fish Bowl Bounce, Tic Tac Toss, Gold Rush Alley Ball and Bumper Cars.
- All-NEW MotionPlus™ capabilities allow for increased accuracy, enhanced game play and more precision than ever before!
- 300 NEW Prizes and Wacky Wearables – No carnival is complete without great prizes like moon rocks, eye-bots and decoder rings and Wacky Wearables including a Walrus Mask, Dragonfly Wings and Rabbit Ears.
- NEW Multiplayer 4 player action allows for cooperative play or head-to-head competition in every game. Now mom, dad, kids and grandma and grandpa can all play together Games like Lucky Toss, Gone Fishin’ and Speed Bingo!
- DS features all- NEW games, prizes and DSi Camera support
My family and I had the chance to check this game out, first hand and to tell you the truth… both my sons are having a hard time putting it down enough for me to play. With the new version of the game, came lots of improvements from the previous version and here’s what stuck out the most:
- 4 Player Capability: As with most games, I like to be able to play up to at LEAST 4 players. We’re a family of 5, three of them being kids. I can’t have room for a game that only allows 2 to play at a time, so this is a function that is not necessarily a must, but it definitely keeps the headache at bay for Momma.
- New Achievements: For young players, it’s an encouragement to see that they are “winning” in some way. I know when we played the Arrow Shoot, my 3-yr-old grew frustrated when he realized we were “beating him”. In the end, everyone gets some kind of prize and, as a Mom, I like it like that. Cuts out the fights and competitiveness that tends to evolve when we play video games.
- Personalized Characters: My kids loved that you can personalize your character by choosing eyes, hair, skin tone, and accessories. Once you unlock items you can also try them on in the fitting room.
- Familiar Games: All the games are pretty familiar to my kids such as Gold Rush Alley Ball, Swish It, Fish Bowl Bounce, etc. I like that 2K Play brings familiar and classic carnival games right into your living room.
- Ease: Granted, this game is made for children, so I was expecting it to be easy, but there really is no talented needed to play this. This could be bad OR good. I like it because it gives more room to have fun together.
- New Fun: We were pretty tired of the older Carnival Games because we played the same games over and over. New Carnival Games has lots of new fun such as the Spooky Haunted House. This is by far my 8-yr-old’s favorite in the entire game.
As with most games or toys, we usually have a few things we wish could be better, such as:
- Instructions: Some of the games lack real instruction on how to actually play the game. This proved frustrating when we first started playing. There’s also no indication on how to do better. Improvement: I’d love to see clear instructions for all games or possibly a “Learning Center” section of the game where you go to practice and clearly learn how-to-play. There could also be prompts like “release sooner” to help players improve their game.
- Be Realistic: After playing horrible, my son got a “Great Job” from the game. C’mon let’s be realistic here. If someone does horrible, the score should reflect that. I know younger children might need that, but that’s what the prizes and achievements are for right? Improvement: Instead of constantly throwing out compliments when one scores horribly, maybe it can prompt something like “Better Luck Next Time” or “Let’s Try Again”.
Although, there were a few improvements I felt needed to be mentioned, I recommend this game for young children. Adults might not have a lot of fun due to lack of graphical stimulation, but for a young family, it’s a lot of fun and a way to relax together.
The New Carnival Games is rated E for everyone and can be purchased at retailers nationwide, video game stores such as GameStop, or online at Amazon.com for the suggested retail price of $39.99 for the Wii Game or $29.99 for Nintendo DS.
Thanks to 2K Play, one lucky Momma Findings reader will win a copy of the NEW Carnival Games Wii Game.
I love going to the REAL carnival. What about you? Tell me, in the comment section, your FAVORITE carnival game, or activity (or even food, yum).
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you blog about your answer to the above question elaborating on the fun you have at the carnival or why you want this game. Please link to this post and the Official 2K Play Website.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both myself and 2K Play on Twitter. Then, tweeting about this giveaway. You must have at least 100 followers to be eligible for these entries. A great Tweet would be: Head to the Carnvial w/ @Sarann by entering to #win NEW Carnival Games for Wii by @2KPlay (link)
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” Momma Findings on Facebook. Go ahead and comment once you get there. We love wall comments!
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today October 15th – October 29th 2010 11:59 CST and open to US residents. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner Sarah who said this about her favorite thing to do at the Carnival, “I love the Fried Dough and the game where you throw darts at balloons.” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016