A few weeks ago, I highlighted Matthew West’s newest song, My Own Little World, on one of my Music Mondays. I, merely, mentioned listening to the song, not necessarily the whole album, but it spoke to me.
So, I listened to the whole album, The Story of Your Life, and I’m going to say something I rarely say about ANY album. It’s just plain amazing. I can relate to every single song, on a certain level, especially the song To Me that talks about a mother’s heartbreak with her child when he enters Middle School, or the song Two Houses. It talks about how a girl feels after her parents divorced. We were almost there, at that irreconcilable point, of divorce, but God saved this marriage… this family. Matthew captures all those feelings, I’ve felt into each story, each song and today, I want to share this remarkable album, filled with real stories, real hope, and real life with you guys.
When Matthew asked fans to share their stories, he received thousands of replies. In this unique album, he pays tribute to their joys and sorrows. Meet “Broken Girl,” a victim of sexual abuse who embraced healing; experience the delight of adoption in “One Less”; discover what happens when you live in “My Own Little World”—and God breaks through; and more.
- Broken Girl
- Family Tree
- My Own Little World
- One Less
- Strong Enough
- The Healing Has Begun
- The Reason for the World
- The Story of Your Life
- To Me
- Two Houses
I love me some Matthew West and even more than that, I’m encouraged, daily, by listening to his music. To celebrate that fact, one Momma Findings reader will win a Matthew West Prize Pack with the following:
- All four of Matthew’s albums (including a deluxe version of SOYL signed by Matthew)
- An exclusive book highlighting the making of the album, featuring the stories, pictures, lyrics, etc.
This album speaks to me like no other album has. It’s so emotional, yet encouraging. Raw. So, what I want you to do is head over to www.matthewwest.com and check out the stories behind the songs. Tell me which one you can relate to (because lets face it, we can relate to many). That’s all. You don’t have to say why you can relate to it, but I’d love to hear your testimony if you’re willing to share.
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you blog about your answer to the above question elaborating on why you relate. Please link to this post and the Official Matthew West website.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both myself and Matthew West on Twitter. Then, tweeting about this giveaway. You must have at least 100 followers to be eligible for these entries. A great Tweet would be: What’s The Story of Your Life? Share your testimony w/ @Sarann & #win all 4 of @Matthew_West Albums at MommaFindings (link)
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” both Momma Findings and Matthew West on Facebook. Go ahead and comment once you get there. We love wall comments!
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today October 14th – October 28th 2010 11:59 CST and open to US residents. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner Bayctygrl who said this about the song she relates to most on the album, “I can relate to two houses, I went through that and it left me very bitter, God has really healed me and even over many years by a miracle brought the 2 houses back to one.” Amazing story! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016