There’s nothing better than jammin’ out to your favorite tunes and dancing it up in the comfort of your own home. I mean, some of my moves are meant to be private to prevent an over abundance of embarrassment, but that’s for another post, another day.
Over the Summer, we told you guys how much we were lovin’ the KIDZ BOP Dance Party album and even showed you guys one of our dance videos, brought to you by both my sons. Today, we’ve got, not only the dancing itch, but the excitement of all those dance moves rolled up together in a Wii game. Yes, Just Dance has some competition among families since D3 Publisher released KIDZ BOP Dance Party! The Video Game in September. We’ve had a few weeks with this game and bringing our first hand take on this new dance craze in the gaming world for kids.
Turn your living room into the ultimate dance party with 24 of the biggest KIDZ BOP dance hits. Customize your character with cool clothes, hairstyles and gear. KIDZ BOP Kids Dana and Valerie show you all of their moves and make you a star. Challenge your family and friends in a 2-player dance mode. Look for KIDZ BOP Dance Party! The Video Game hit stores September 21st.
- First Ever KIDZ BOP video game.
- Only need Wii Remote! No dance pad or Nunchuk required.
- Dance along with 24 KIDZ BOP dance hits.
- Create and customize your avatar.
- Learn the hottest moves from Dana and Valerie of the KIDZ BOP Kids.
- Earn points & shop for cool outfits, costumes, hairstyles and accessories for your avatar.
We were asked to check out this new dancing game for Nintendo Wii and since we loved Just Dance and the Kidz Bop Dance Party album so much I figured this was a no brainer. If you’ve noticed I keep comparing it to Just Dance. I know. I know. It’s a completely different game company, completely different demographic. Just Dance is aimed towards teens and adults (in my opinion) because the lyrics, while fun and true to the original song, aren’t changed for younger ears. KIDZ BOP Dance Party! The Video Game is quite he opposite. The game gives kids today’s music with lyrics parents approve of. While I compare the two, I’m not, however, stating that Just Dance isn’t family friendly. We love it too and looking forward to Just Dance 2 this Fall, but it’s nice to have a change in gaming, right?
My children were pleasantly surprised at all the features of the game and didn’t hesitate to let me know what they liked, such as:
- Creating Your Own Avatar: KIDZ BOP Dance Party! The Video Game lets players customize and create their very own avatar. This, according to my daughter, lets you be yourself while dancing. You can choose the gender, hair color, skin color, clothes, and accessories.
- KIDZ BOP Shop: Each song you dance to, unlocks points that convert to gaming cash for you. You can then redeem at the Kidz Bop Shop to purchase new clothes and accessories. Each time you “perform” can be different according to your style and mood that day. Way cool!
- Scenery: Kidz Bop gives you the ability to, not only, personalize your look, but your stage too! Giving you different options of where you’re performing.
- Learning: Young children can sometimes get frustrated as they learn the dance moves and play. Before you start or to simply practice, check out Dana and Valerie as they teach you how to play the game. On-screen instructions kids can understand!
- KIDZ BOP World: Here you enter a password, unlock rewards, view history and player records. Kids love to see who’s “winning” throughout the week, a function Just Dance did NOT have.
- Encouragement: Throughout the game you’ll here encouraging words to let children know they’re doing great. After the song, there are tips on how to improve.
- On Screen: We don’t have a HUGE fancy TV so I like that the screen is colorful and the character is big for children to see the moves better. The on-screen instructions are easy to follow and understand too. And how can you NOT dance along with the Mii’s in the background?
- Music: There are all kinds of fun songs to dance to with artists you’re probably familiar with like Disturbia, Let It Rock, and my kids favorite, Party in the USA.
We are having a blast with KIDZ BOP Dance Party! The Video Game, but there is one little, tiny thing I wish was different:
- Number of Players: The game only lets 1-2 players play at a time. I have three kids. We practice the “take turns” method, but try explaining to a 3-yr-old he’ll have to wait while brother and sister are having fun. Improvement: I’d love to see at least up to 4 players available, like Just Dance.
All in all, KIDZ BOP Dance Party! The Video Game is a keeper. We have fun shopping in the Kidz Bop Shop, singing, and dancing to the songs sung BY kids FOR kids.
KIDZ BOP Dance Party! The Video Game is ESRB-rated “E” and is now available at retail stores or online at Amazon.com for the suggested retail price of $39.99.
We’re lovin’ our new game and we want you to jump in on the fun too. Two (yes I said TWO) lucky Momma Findings readers will win a copy of KIDZ BOP Dance Party! The Video Game for Wii consoles.
Take a look at all the featured music on the Kidz Bop game, sung by kids FOR kids. Come back here and tell me what song you’d like to dance to most. That’s it!
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you blog about how you and your family like to jam at home. Do you have dance offs? Silly dance in the car? Make fun of Dad dancing? Please link to this post and the Official Kidz Bop Game Website.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both myself and Kidz Bop on Twitter. Then, tweeting about this giveaway. You must have at least 100 followers to be eligible for these entries. A great Tweet would be: Get your dance on w/ @KidzBop Dance Party the Video Game! @Sarann has your chance to #win the #Wii game (link)
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” Momma Findings. Go ahead and comment once you get there. We love wall comments!
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today October 7th – October 28th 2010 11:59 CST and open to US residents. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our two winners Courtney Stoffel and Jason! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016