Now that the weather has cooled off for Fall, the kids and I have been spending a LOT of time outside. It’s just too nice not to. When we’re outside we love playing sports together, especially baseball. My little man loves him some baseball, but he’s just now learning how to hold a bat, hit, and catch a ball, etc.
Some skills and sports can take longer to learn than others and this proves true when trying to emphasize the patience in baseball to a 3-yr-old. He grows so frustrated with himself that he yells out, “You’re not pitching it right, Mom!” So, imagine my excitement when I was asked to review the NEW E-Z Bat by Monkey Business Sports. The E-Z Bat holds the ball, and kids fling it off. The better the swing, the farther the ball sails! It seems like just the thing to help my son learn how to swing a bat, but would it work?
With the E-Z Bat young ball players experience the wow factor of hitting a home run everytime! Just load up the E-Z Ball and E-Z Stopper and give it a swing! Comes with 2 E-Z Balls, 1 E-Z Stopper, and 1 E-Z Bat. Ages 3 and up.
We received one E-Z Bat to review with my 3-yr-old son. Since I have both 6 and 8-year-old children I figured, it would work out as we all learned how to play baseball. There are quite a few things I liked about it, right of the bat (no pun intended):
- Soft Foam: Baseball is frustrating to learn, but it can also be painful if you get hit with a hard bat or ball. E-Z Bat is covered in soft foam and the EZ Ball is also soft. So, if you’re accidentally hit, no harm no foul.
- Hitting: My child has very little patience if he swings and misses the ball. E-Z Bat is easy to swing and guarantees a hit every time, helping your little guy build confidence in each and every swing.
- Bright Colors: The E-Z bat itself is blue, the stopper is red, and the balls? Yellow. This makes it easy for kids to see how far they hit the ball and also makes it easier to catch.
- Weight: My 3-yr-old can’t work on his swing while trying to hold a heavy bat. EZ Bat is very light in weight down to the balls.
Momma Improvements and Suggestions:
We had a lot of fun playing with our new E-Z Bat, however, there were a few snags along the way including:
- The Ball: The EZ Bat comes with two balls. Each ball, really isn’t the shape of a ball, but kind of a half cylinder with a hole in the middle. You then load the ball onto the bat. It makes for easy “flinging” but the fact of the matter is, it’s not a ball. My son maybe young, but he know that’s not a real baseball and he kind of lost interest knowing that fact. Suggestion: Use the E-Z Bat as a starter tool, prior to introducing a real baseball and bat. As you progress, during outdoor playtime bring the EZ Bat along with the EZ Balls, but also bring a light weight regular ball. This gives you two options and your child won’t ask, “What gives? This isn’t a baseball.”
All in all, the EZ Bat really does help children learn how to swing the bat, but my 3-yr-old wanted the real thing. Before receiving this baseball bat, he was already used to a regular bat and ball. I think we could have gotten more use out of it if we, first, introduced baseball with the E-Z Bat.
You can purchase the E-Z Bat at www.monkeybusinesssports.com for the suggested retail price of $15.99.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016