Do you remember the first time you fell in love? Your heart beats faster. Your stomach turns upside down. You can’t help, but smile when you see that certain someone. Then it ends. Your heart is broken, but you do it all over again. Why? Because there’s something about love.
I’ve been married for 10 years this Spring, but I still remember how he made me feel the first time I met him because he still makes me feel that way. When he’s telling spooky stories with the kids by the chiminea, or when he’s playing with our new puppy, and even when the stress of life is falling down all around us. There’s just something ’bout love.
This morning, I’m bundled up with my favorite sweater, in my pjs, with a warm cup of coffee. I’m organizing my editorial calendar and listening to David Archuletta. He has a new album hitting stores mañana (that’s tomorrow folks) and I was lucky enough to grab a sneak peek of the WHOLE thing the last few weeks.
Yeah. The kids thought I was the COOLEST.
One particular song that I can’t get out of my head is Something ‘Bout Love. It describes how you feel when you first meet someone. When you fall in love. When you have an attraction to someone. When you can’t get them out of your head. When you’re longing for just another afternoon with them, even for just an hour. Oh, and it’s a great little song to add to your iPod for that long run (which I TOTALLY plan to do today in this beautiful weather).
Love is heartbreaking, but oh the freedom of emotions is SO worth it. Don’t you think?
1. The Other Side Of Down (3:13)
2. Something ‘Bout Love (4:22)
3. Elevator (3:24)
4. Stomping The Roses (3:01)
5. Who I Am (3:44)
6. Falling Stars (3:35)
7. Parachutes And Airplanes (3:33)
8. Look Around (3:26)
9. Good Place (3:25)
10. Complain (3:24)
11. Things Are Gonna Get Better (3:14)
12. My Kind Of Perfect (3:37)
Album: The Other Side of Down
You can purchase The Other Side of Down in a variety of editions such as standard, deluxe, and fan editions at the David Archuleta Store on October 5th 2010. Prices vary.
Music Mondays are getting a pretty exciting around here. Usually, it’s just me rambling about how much I like a song, but NOW you get to hear my ramblings AND have a chance at winning the new album that debuts tomorrow, October 5th. One lucky Momma Findings readers will win a copy of David Archuleta’s new CD, The Other Side Of Down.
We’re talking about mushy gushy love this morning. There’s one person in our lives that makes you feel loved. I’m talking ALL the way loved with the heartbreaks, joys, and ups and downs. Who is that person in your life? How did you meet him or her? (It’s totally okay if it’s someone other than your husband/wife. It could be a grandchild, sister, etc.)
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you blog about the person you described above. Is it your daughter? Niece? How do they keep you feeling loved? Please link to this post and the official David Archuleta website.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both myself AND David Archuleta on Twitter. Then, tweeting about this giveaway. You must have at least 100 followers to be eligible for these entries. A great Tweet would be: @Sarann has the scoop on the NEW @DavidArchie album. Enter to win! (link)
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” Momma Findings and David Archuleta on Facebook. Go ahead and comment once you get there. We love wall comments!
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today October 4th – October 18th 11:59 CST and open to US residents. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner dnochef with the comment, “My son makes me feel loved everyday by just the little things like a kiss goodnight or a hug when he leaves for school. Even when he snaps at me and has a bad day, he apologizes for his attitude and always tells me he loves me.” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.”
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016