During my Parent Partnership with American Girl’s Shine On Now initiative my daughter and I fell, completely, in love with their line of dolls. We rented Kit Kittredge: Am American Girl, discovered Innerstar U, and quickly decided we wanted to read every American Girl book together.
My daughter wasted no time creating a Birthday and Holiday wish list of the items she’d like to have. On that list is the hair kit for dolls, but second to that are the Felicity Books. Felicity’s love for animals and for her country shine through during a revolutionary time. With the doll and through books, movies, and accessories, I find it’s a great way to introduce colonial times to girls today, however, we need to act fast because American Girl has announced plans to archive Felicity’s complete product collection, including her best friend Elizabeth Cole.
Felicity, a spirited girl living in Williamsburg, VA, in 1774, has captured girls’ imaginations with her compelling story of strength and determination in Colonial America. Countless girls have found a friend in Felicity while learning about the trials and triumphs of growing up at the start of the Revolutionary War, from saving a beautiful horse named Penny to learning how to be a proper gentlewoman.
Plans to Archive Felicity:
I grew a bit sad when we heard the news because we have, only recently, fallen in love with American Girl. It feels like we have JUST met Felicity and now she’s being taken away.
Felicity’s departure makes it possible for the company to introduce new characters and product offerings. Even though Felicity will be moved to the American Girl Archives, she retains her place within American Girl’s family of historical characters—nine-year-old heroines who give girls today a glimpse of what life was like growing up during important times in America’s past.
The Felicity products are currently available through the American Girl catalogue, at www.americangirl.com, and at American Girl retail stores. To request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005. Because stories are at the heart of the company’s mission to celebrate girls, the Felicity books will still be sold on americangirl.com, at American Girl’s retail stores, and at bookstores nationwide.
To celebrate our new found love for American Girl and honor the heroine, Felicity, one lucky Momma Findings reader will win a piece of history before she’s archived. Giveaway includes the Felicity Doll and the introduction book called Meet Felicity, shown here:
Because this giveaway and announcement is dear to me, and my daughter, there are two questions to answer to be eligible for this prize:
- Who would you give this dolls to (no names required) and how does she inspire you?
- Take a look at the Felicity collection on AmericanGirl.com and come back here and tell me your favorite piece, besides the Felicity Doll.
Extra Entry Options:
- TEN EXTRA ENTRIES if you blog about the girl who inspires you in your life. Is it your daughter? Niece? How does she exemplify being an “American Girl” heroine in her community? Please link to this post and www.americangirl.com
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following me on twitter. Then, tweeting about this giveaway. You must have at least 100 followers to be eligible for these entries. A great Tweet would be: American Girl is archiving Felicty. @Sarann has your chance to win her at MommaFindings. (link)
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” Momma Findings. Go ahead and comment once you get there. We love wall comments!
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today September 28th – October 12th 11:59 CST and open to US residents. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner Monica P. with the comment, “I’d give it to our dear friends daughter. Her mother has just been diagnosed with colon cancer and an American Girl Doll is just the thing to brighten this girls Spirit. I checked out the items at AmericanGirl.com and LOVE the bed. Thanks for the opportunity!” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016