My children usually buy their lunch at school, however, this year they decided they’d take lunch once a week. Every Monday I get the joy of packing all kinds of goodies, like one of their favorites, Uncrustables PB&J sandwiches. Although, I try to pack healthy lunches, you can’t be a fun Momma without throwing in a treat to enjoy afterwards. Am I wrong?I also wouldn’t be fulfilling my Momma duties if I didn’t throw in a love note. My husband likes to tell the story of his Dad writing notes and putting them INTO the sandwich. C’mon! It’s funny!
Well, hold on to your Sharpie markers, Mommas, because packing a little love in those lunchboxes just got easier with the NEW Rice Krispies Treats writable packaging. Those marshmallow treats can greet your children with sweet notes of encouragement and love. This saves me from finding a sticky note and resisting the urge to put it INTO the sandwich. Although I can’t promise I won’t try at least ONCE this year. Just creating memories folks.
Individually packaged treats provide the same ooey-gooey taste of homemade treats. They’re perfect for when you are short on time or on the move. Each bar contains 90 calories, and they come in both eight and 16-count packs. NEW Packaging give each individual bar white empty space to write notes to loved ones.
We were asked to check out the new packaging and well…. Okay, let’s get serious here. If someone offers YOU a Rice Krispies Treat, have you ever turned it down? I’ll let you answer that one quietly so nobody hears you, but I’ll say with no shame at all, that I have never turned one down. I couldn’t start now, could I?
So, yes, we received a shiny blue box of irresistible treats and I was on a mission to bring joy to my children’s lunch boxes. That morning I tore open the box (I might have eaten one), gathered up my markers, and wrote sweet words every child likes to hear:
Fun Gift Ideas:
Not only is the perfect way to send over a sweet treat and love note with your children, but you can also use these in other ways:
- Surprise Dad: Yeah, chunk one (or three) into his lunchbox, sun visor, or dash of the car for a fun way to brighten up his day.
- Encourage Teachers: I’ll admit it, my children’s teachers get WAY spoiled. I just feel like they deserve sweet treats throughout the year, not only on Holidays. Every little bit helps. Send over a Rice Krispies Treat just to tell him/her to have a great day.
- School Parties: We have lots of Holidays coming including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day. Instead of buying expensive cards for EVERYONE in the class. Buy a few boxes and have the kids help you scribble a sweet note.
- Trick-Or-Treating: A few boxes can go a long way with the favorite kids in your neighborhood. Add a few safety notes like Look Both Ways or Remember to Use Your Flashlight.
- Caregivers: My son spends about an hour a day at the 24 Hour Fitness Kids Club. I appreciate those girls more than they will EVER know. After all, they give me the ability to be kid free and zone out to the iPod. Bring them a few treats with a fun note like Thanks to you, I got 3 miles in today!
Momma Improvements and Suggestions:
The NEW Rice Krispies Treats packaging is perfect to save on time, but they are a little hard to write on. Suggestion: Make sure you use a fine tip marker and write on a flat/steady surface.
All in all, I love the packaging. It saves me time and allows me to show others around me just how much they mean to me on a daily basis.
Rice Krispies Treats NEW writable packaging can be found in grocery stores nationwide.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016