Earlier in the Summer, I was honored to be a Parent Partner with Shine On Now, a charitable initiative by American Girl. Girls across the globe united online to contribute and help give clothes, books, dolls, and money to charitable organizations all by simply giving stars on ShineOnNow.com.
Through my partnership, I was able to bless both my daughter and a deserving girl with a My American Girl Doll. A few weeks ago she got it. Can I just say this very important point? We’ve NEVER had an American Girl Doll. Ever. When she opened the box her eyes were big, her smile shining, as she hugged that doll to pieces. As a Momma, I was over the moon at seeing her delight. The really cool thing about the My American Girl Dolls, is that each comes with a unique code, where you unlock a virtual online world called Innerstar University.
Innerstar University™, girls can learn as they laugh, and expand theirs minds as they experience a new world! It’s a virtual campus filled with games, awards, and activities designed to develop confidence, loyalty, pride, and more. When you purchase a new My American Girl™ doll, you’ll have full access to this new online world where you can create a doll, then enroll yourdaughter right away to explore the entire campus. InnerstarU.com is recommended for girls 8 and up.
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
Right away, my daughter and I created our account on InnerstarU.com. The first thing that came to mind was that the site clearly talks to girls with bright colors and graphics. It also reminds me a lot of Webkinz. With each My American Girl product you purchase it will come with a code to enter into the InnerStar Virtual World where you unlock all kinds of fun stuff.
How Do I Join InnerStar University?
It’s really quite easy, however, parents should stick around for the enrollment process. There are a lot of little steps before the fun begins. To enroll in this virtual world, you must first already own or create a real-life My American Girl doll. You receive a code that will allow you to access Innerstar University and begin the enrollment process. Once there, you choose a name for your Doll and create an avatar. Our name ended up being Zelda4. Yes, if your name is already taken you’ll have the option to keep it, but it will have a number on the end. The fun starts afterwards where you and your daughter can create a personality for your virtual girl. Everything is in your hands including eye color, hair, accessories, etc.
Once you are enrolled, and before your start exploring, you must take the InnerStar U Pledge. It goes a little something like this:
Well, now you explore! There are lots of locations, with an InnerStar Guide, to choose from like:
- Brightstar House: Have fun, try on outfits, and decorate your very own room.
- Starlight Library: Borrow books full of American Girl Activities, visit the Help Desk, and find ways to get your homework done.
- Star Student Center: Shop for gear, design cupcakes, and check overall game high score.
- Sparkle Studios: Create unique masterpieces in this Art Studio.
- Good Sports Center: Develop teamwork and leadership skills in athletic-inspired games.
- Blue Sky Nature Center: Learn about the outdoors.
- Real Spirit Center: This virtual center helps girls build their body and spirit.
- Rising Star Stables: Horse jumping games learning about overcoming real life obstacles.
- U-Shine Hall: Where all the dancing and music happen.
- Starfire Boathouse: Socialites unite to visit.
- Morningstar Meadow and The Market: Learn how to achieve great things and play a kite-flying game.
- The Shopping Square: Shop with the stars you’ve collected. Buys outfits, visit a salon, or get accessories for your room.
- Five-Points Plaza: Another place where girls can meet to visit.
InnerStar U is not the sole selling point for me when looking at the My American Girl Dolls. It’s an amazing and fun site that my daughter and I love, however, the Doll is the star in my daughter’s eyes. She’s made a best friend, who comes to life online. She reads to her at night. They chat over breakfast. She brushes her hair, tucks her in, and even brings her along in the car. In my opinion, pairing both the doll and the virtual world together makes for an amazing and cherished gift to any deserving girl.
If you’d like more information about InnerStar U, please visit the official site at www.americangirl.com/innerstaru.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016