For the last six weeks, I’ve been bringing you guys Meal Ideas and Solutions for Back-To-School. This was all made possible by HEB and ConAgra Foods through their partnership with Momma Findings and 9 other amazing Texas Bloggers. The Meal Maker Challenge ends this week and I’m a bit sad. I mean, I knew it was a six week long project, but when you schedule, plan, and work hard to make it your own.. Well, you just don’t want to let it go.
So, today, I say good-bye to the Meal Maker Challenge, but I bring you my Prize Pack Winners, Highlight the lovely bloggers who participated, and let you in on a few things I learned as we went Back-To-School this year.
I’ve been dying to give the women chosen in this Meal Maker Challenge some major bloggy lovin’ credit. If there’s one thing to know about me, it’s that I’m very proud to be a blogger, but, being that I was born and raised right here in the Houston Area, I’m also very proud to be a Texas Girl. So, I just want to let you guys in who was chosen and give everyone a virtual round of applause.
- A Southern Fairytale
- Free Sample Freak
- Following In My Shoes
- Frugal Reality
- June Cleaver Nirvana
- Kludgy Mom
- Momma Findings
- My South Central Mommy
- Simply Being Mommy
- Ramblings of a Texas Housewife
Oh, I also want to Congratulate Rachel from Following In My Shoes and Amy from My South Central Mommy for being chosen as the two bloggers who will go on an HEB $500 Shopping Spree. They get to take 2 of their readers with them as well, so check out their blogs today and you might get chosen.
HEB Prize Pack Winners:
As part of the Meal Maker Campaign, we were asked to give away 5 HEB Prize Packs jam packed with all of the above. I love my readers dearly so here are my winners from my 2 Blog Giveaways (1 giveaway included 2 packs) and my 2 LIVE Giveaways I held last night.
- Jackie Villano who said this in reponse to me asking what she mixes in her scrambled eggs, “We love to mix american cheese into our scrambled eggs.We sometimes cut up hot dogs and add them into baked beans. Thanks for the review and giveaway!”
- Vickie C. is wins 2 Prize Packs. One for her family and one for a family in need that she nominated, “I know a family from my church who has 2 small boys an the husbands plant closed an he was laid off,they are having such a hard time,an you know they still come to church an hasnt lost their faith,they are struggling but still honor the lord,its a inspiration to me!
- Brandy Nelson wins our 4th Prize Pack in a LIVE giveaway. She says this about her favorite Mexican Meal, “I LOVE Mexican food! I can’t pick just one favorite. It’s impossible! But a few I love are chimichangas, nachos with beef, lettuce, beans, pico de gallo, tons of cheese, black olives, jalapenos, and guacamole, and I also LOVE the cheesy double beef burrito at Taco Bell. Not exactly authentic Mexican, but still yummy!”
- Last, but not least is Kim, who won the last LIVE giveaway stating, “I love flour tacos deep fried.”
Thanks to all who entered!
What This Momma Learned for Back-To-School:
There a few things I’ve “learned” in our First Week back. Some are no brainers some are downright aggravating, but Hey… All Moms Gotta Learn Sometime! These are things I wished I had told myself a week ago.
- The Bus Route/Driver will drive you absolutely insane the first week. Yup. I was one of “those” Moms as I waited for my children to come home from school the very first day. Every truck I heard outside I thought it was my kids. I panicked. I paced. I feared they’d be left behind, or worse… get on the wrong bus. Driver was late. Then late again. Then abnoxiously early. I should expect this. I’m a seasoned Mother, but still. It drove me insane.
- You won’t have enough snacks. No matter how many snacks you give your children when they arrive home, they’ll ask you at LEAST 5 more times for more food before dinner. They are famished.
- Don’t pick out your daughter’s clothes for her. In fact, don’t even SUGGEST anything to her. She’s her own creative soul and by golly, she won’t like it unless it’s her idea.
- Adjust YOUR sleep schedule. Yes, I made SURE to get my children’s sleep schedule adjusted prior to school starting, but I forgot all about mine. The first week was exhausting as I helped them prepare and I found myself falling asleep at my laptop and, embarrassingly enough, WHILE I was putting laundry away.
- Breathe it all in. Back-To-School time is downright chaotic and stressful for parents, but remember that your kids are excited. They are growing. These are the stepping stones of their educational foundation. Take time to enjoy it. I looked at pictures from last few years and compared them to this year and let me just say…….. WOW. They have changed and grown and it’s going by so fast. Here is our 2008-2010 Progression.
As I mentioned, this Meal Maker Challenge gave me incentive to experiment more in the kitchen, get to know my Neighborhood HEB Staff a little better, and discover other fun recipes by the other bloggers. This was all made possible by HEB and ConAgra Foods. Thanks from the Momma Findings Family.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016