Our Calendar is set and September 7th is marked as Family Night. My 3-yr-old decided he’s save a few Mickey stickers for his brother and sister. We have our Printables awaiting, and, I have to admit, there has been some Mickey Bingo trash talk going on amidst the hallways of my home. Just sayin’.
So, with all the fun in store, there one thing on everyone’s mind. What are we going to eat?. There can’t be a family night without fun snacks, right? Today, I’m going to bring you a few of my favorites and hopefully you can share a few of yours that I can tuck away for our next Family Night.
Last week, I let you guys in on the NEW Mickey Mouse Clubhouse that premieres on Disney Channel September 7th at 7pm/6c. We plan to make a whole Family Night out of it, but to refresh your memory, here’s a little bit about the new episode called Road Rally.
Rev up the fun with “Road Racin’ Mickey” and all your Clubhouse pals in a full-length adventure that’ll have you movin’ and groovin’ all the way to the finish line! Join the gang on a wild ride through Mickey Park, the desert, Mistletoe Mountain and the jungle! Along the way, you’ll help pick the right Mouseketools and find “Mickey Markers” that unlock special surprises. And, share the excitement when Toodles and Goofy team up to rescue “Piston Pete.” There’s laughter and fast-paced fun around every corner in Mickey’s Road Rally!
Fun Food for YOUR Road Rally:
One of the recipes I plan on making is Goofy’s Rescue Vehicle Mini Wheel Burger.
- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 small dinner rolls or mini bagels, cut in half
- 2 slices fat-free cheddar cheese, cut into 2 inch circles
- 1 small pickle, sliced
- Ketchup and mustard for garnish
- Form ground turkey into eight 1/4-inch thick patties. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook patties about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Arrange buns, cute side up, on a platter. Place a burger on top of each bun. Lay a slice of chese and pickle in the center of each burger.
- Add dots of mustard and/or ketchup around edge of burgers. Makes 8 small burgers.
Another option is to pick your family’s favorite fruit variety and cut into the shapes of road signs, then stick them to colorful straws. These would be great in fruity drinks or on top of sliced melon. You can even do it with CHEESE! Oh, my family loves them some cheese.
Tune into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Road Rally on September 7th at 7pm/6c. Who doesn’t love Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy?!
Connect With Other Families:
Click here for more information about how you can have a fun Family Night . There you’ll find fun activities, message boards to connect with other Moms and Dads, and see what other Mom Bloggers are saying about their family night. Don’t forget to enter the Family Night Sweepstakes where you can be 1 of 25 families to win a Family Night kit that includes: a Playhouse Disney blanket and a Mickey Mouse Choo-Choo Express Fisher Price Toy! (Total approximate retail value: $75).
Question for Parents: Do you regularly have a Family Night? What kind of food do your children usually ask for?
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016