Taking young children to the dentist is never an easy task. The first time I took my now 8-yr-old son, he screamed as soon as he sat in the chair. Parents have the ever demanding job at teaching children how to care for their teeth, but how do you care for developing teeth in infants and toddlers?
Many parents don’t realize that even though kids don’t need to see the dentist until they’re at least 2, developing teeth are susceptible to decay and cavities. I bet you didn’t suspect, but tooth decay is actually the most common chronic disease of children in the U.S. So, I was encouraged when I discovered a really unique and simple way to introduce dental hygiene to young children, using Spiffies Teeth Wipes. Each wipe is fruit flavored and contains Xylitol solution, a natural ingredient that prevents cavities. I got the chance to try these with my 3-yr-old and it was quite the interesting outcome.
Pediatrician-invented Spiffies baby tooth wipes are a tasty way to introduce dental hygiene to little ones. Each wipe is fruit flavored and contains Xylitol solution, a natural ingredient that prevents cavities. In fact, a study by the University of California at San Francisco’s School of Dentistry recently concluded that Xylitol wipes like Spiffies were extremely effective in reducing and preventing cavities.
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
We were asked to go on a 45 day challenge using Spiffies wipes with my 3-yr-old. I wasn’t sure how he’d actually react to me asking him to “wipe” his teeth instead of brush, mainly because he’s already mastered teeth brushing skills. These wipes are perfect for younger children, but I figured they would ALSO be great to use while on-the-go and when traveling. So, what did we think?
- Individually Wrapped: I like that each wipe is individually wrapped for easy storage and travel. Just throw one in your child’s bag for over-night stays at Grandma’s.
- Fruity Flavors: Your child won’t get easily bored with just one flavor. Spiffies wipes come in three flavors; Baby Grape, Baby Apple, and Mmmm Mango.
- Texture: The wipe itself is rather soft so you can easily wipe down the inside of your child’s cheek, gums, AND teeth. Also, it doesn’t tear easily. I took one look at the wipe and thought it would tear if we wiped too hard on our teeth, but it never ripped.
- Cavity Protection: Each wipe contains Xylitol solution, an all natural ingredient safe for young child while fighting cavities.
- Easy-To-Use: Using Spiffies is downright easy for both parents and young children. You simply take the wipe out of it’s individual wrapper, unfold, and wipe down.
Momma Suggestions and Improvements:
|My 3-yr-old “wiping” his teeth with Spiffies|
As always, I always FULLY review and product I bring you. Although we loved Spiffies, there was one complaint brought to me by my child.
- Stickiness: I can see how it would be quite easy for parents to use these wipes with infants, however, with 2 and 3-yr-olds who want to “wipe” their teeth on their own, the wipe is a little sticky and gooey (word that came straight from my son). Suggestion: When using make sure you’re near a sink or have a towel on hand to clean your hands. They will be sticky.
All in all, Spiffies is a great way to introduce dental hygiene to young children. Stickiness aside, my toddler loves they way they taste and feels “grown up” after he wipes. They would be a great gift idea for new or expectant Mothers.
To learn more about Spiffies products or make a purchase visit www.spiffies.com. A box of 20 Spiffies Wipes retail for the suggested retail price of $5.50 and are recommended for children ages 3 months+.
Thanks to Spiffies, one lucky Momma Findings reader will win a gift bag with a 45-day supply of teeth wipes.
Head over to the Spiffies website and learn all about the benefits of using Spiffies wipes with your child. Come back here and tell me, in the comment section, one thing you learned.
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” both the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page and Spiffies. Go ahead and comment once you get there! We love wall comments!
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following me on Twitter. Then, tweeting about this giveaway. A great Tweet would be: Introduce dental hygiene to your children. Enter to win a 45 day supply of Spiffies w/ @Sarann at MommaFindings (link)
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today August 29th – September 12th 11:59 CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Jessica who learned “Tooth decay is a chronic infection and once it is established in the baby teeth, it almost always transfers to the permanent as they erupt into the child’s mouth and are exposed to the cavity causing bacteria.”
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016