I started this Meal Maker Challenge with H-E-B, ConAgra, and 9 other Texas bloggers. It started before school, so it was really quite easy to get creative and have the energy, however, school started on Monday for us and today? Well, today is Wednesday and I’m already so exhausted. So, I’ve scanned through some of Phil Lembert’s time savers to get me through the rest of the week.
He mentions combining RoTel and chicken for a fast and flavorful dinner. Oh, how I love me some RoTel. I use it ALL the time. I mean, it wouldn’t be Spanish Rice without it. Speaking of Mexican Food, I whipped up a pretty fast and flavorful breakfast for the First Day of School. I call it Mexican Breakfast Pizza. My husband wanted it to have a name something like Breakfast A La’ Brian, but he wasn’t the ONLY one who concocted this sucker. So, the name stands.
- HEB Pizza Kit: Includes two ready-to-bake crusts and pizza sauce (the sauce is for the second crust you’ll have for dinner during the week. Yeah, I like to think ahead.)
- One tube of Chorizo: This might be foreign to you, however, chorizo has been a staple in my house since I was a teeny tiny girl. I like to buy Hill Country brand.
- Shredded Cheese: Since I’m a laid back kinda cook, I won’t give you measurements. Keep a whole bag and spread how you like.
- 5 Eggs: Easy enough. Crack ’em. Whip ’em. Have ’em ready.
Again, this is SO easy, you’ll wanna cry that you hadn’t thought of it before. Maybe you have and I’m bringing it late into the game? Either way, here ya go:
- Brown the whole tube of chorizo over medium heat.
- Scramble your 5 eggs in a bowl, in case you haven’t already.
- Pull out one crust and refrigerate the other for another meal. No need for the sauce in this breakfast.
- Pour eggs into the chorizo mixture. Yeah, I don’t drain. Plus, it makes good for a “stick” factor on the pizza.
- Once the eggs are cooked and mixed well, pour mixture onto the pizza crust.
- Spread shredded cheese generously.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Once you pull out your pizza, it’s VERY easy to slice and you’ll end up with this:
After a few minutes you MIGHT even end up with this:
Of course, you might want to go another route with different toppings. You can use ham and eggs, or go the southwestern route and add diced tomatoes, RoTel (I told you I was a fan), or green peppers.
If so, don’t forget to print out your HEB online combo locos and coupons. Until Aug. 31st Buy 2 Hunt’s 14. 5 oz Diced Tomatoes, get 1 Free.
LIVE GIVEAWAY!!! One winner will win a $50 HEB Prize Pack by simply telling me what you like to cook for breakfast on el primer día de clases (First Day of School)? Winner chosen at 8PM CST Tonight (8/31)
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our winner GirlForgotten who said, “I love a Mexican cornbread casserole, with choritzo, corn, black beans, cheddar, black olives, and seasoned taco meat. I don’t do eggs, but for a more breakfasty version, throw some eggs in! Wow…Just thinking about it is making me hungry!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016