My countdown continues as we make our way into the last week of the Summer. School begins in less than 5 days and there is so much to do. How do you keep up with it all? Well, I’m a list maker. You’ll find tons of lists throughout the house of To-Do’s, To-Buy’s, and To-Post’s. Hey! I’m a blogger so you wouldn’t expect any less, would you?
Zebra Pen, leaders in the writing instrument industry for more than 110 years, asked me to check out some of their school supplies this year. With mechanical pencils, markers, and pens, there is something for everyone in the family, even Elementary Children. With our Cadoozles in hand, we set out to write down all we were feeling about the upcoming school year. It was a great way for my kids to practice their handwriting and it gave me, their Mother, an inside look at what they were most excited and worried about.
Zebra Pen was generous enough to send us an array of products to try, but the one product that stood out from the “crowd” were the Cadoozles. These are mechanical pencils, made to look like REAL wooden pencils. My kids LOVED the fun designs.
- 6 different vibrant, fun graphic themes available in the following colors: Blue, Light Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, and White.
- Solid, wood case design barrel.
- Large, colorful eraser to advance lead or refill.
- Ideal for standardized tests
- Refillable with standard 0.7mm lead
Another one of my favorites were the Z-Grip Daisies Pens. I’m definitely the organizer and list maker of the house, but that doesn’t mean list making can’t be fun, right? These pens are fun to carry around in my purse and brighten my day, even if that day means waiting in a long line at the Post Office or Bank.
About Z-Grip Daisies Pens:
- The latest twist on our best-selling Z-Grip line (ARV $3.75/5 pack).
- Floral fashion designs and vibrant colors
- Form-fitting rubber grip
- Convenient, retractable plunger
- Grip color matches 5 ink colors: Fuchsia, Violet, Teal, Light Green, Orange
Other products in their NEW line are Regal Rollerballs. These work great for my husband who needs good quality pens in the workplace.
Our Writing Project:
I asked both my children to write down their feelings about the First Day of School. I told them it could be what they are excited about, worried about, or even scared or happy about. I just want to know how to make their First Day a good one. I told them to pick any writing utensil of their pleasing and both picked:
I told you those Cadoozles were our favorite, right? My daughter explained to me that she didn’t think she could write a full on journal entry, but instead wanted to practice her letters. This told me she wants to get it right the first time.
My 8-yr-old son, on the other hand, really took to heart what I was asking him to do. It started off like this:
And ended up saying this:
Worried: I’m worried about if the bus driver is mean.
Happy: I’m happy because I know that my Teachers will be nice.
Momma Findings Suggests:
Take a little time before school begins to dive into your child’s thoughts regarding the school year ahead of them. A writing project is easy and kids usually feel comfortable writing down their feelings instead of saying them out loud.
Zebra Pen products can be found at Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Walmart, K-Mart, and other office supply stores, discount chains, food and drug retailers, stationery stores and wholesale clubs. For more information on Zebra Pen products, programs and promotions, log onto www.zebrapen.com.
Thanks to Zebra Pens, one lucky Momma Findings reader will win a Zebra Pens Prize Pack to kick of the school year and filled with the following:
- Z-Grip Daisies
- Regal Rollerballs Arrow
- Regal Rollerballs Needle
Head over to www.zebrapen.com. Then come back here and share with me, in the comment section, what cool products you found. That’s it! Easy Peasy!
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” both the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page and Zebra Pen Facebook Page. Go ahead and comment once you get there! We love wall comments!
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following both myself and Zebra Pen on Twitter. Then, tweeting about this giveaway. A great Tweet would be Start a Writing Project w/ your kids and Enter to Win a @ZebraPen Prize Pack w/ @Sarann at Momma Findings (link)
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today August 18th – September 1st 11:59 CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to our Winner, Jenndiggy, who said, “I like the zazzle brights highlighters.” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016