|DaySpring School Supplies|
This time, next week my two children will be sitting in a classroom on their first day of school. We’re completely done with shopping and checked off our list of things to buy. That’s when we realized we wanted to go one extra step and give back to children who might not be as fortunate as we are.
Thanks to DaySpring and Collective Bias, I am blessed beyond measure, to do just that. Today, we marched into Wal-Mart Supercenter, armed and ready to buy backpacks, supplies, and a few extra things for two children in need. We were asked to create a backpack for one of our children and one for another, but since we have wonderful family who have helped us on our Back-To-School shopping, we felt led to make two backpacks for two children in need.
As part of the DaySpring group through Collective Bias, I was so excited when I was asked to be a Real Life Mom for the DaySpring Back To School With Purpose campaign. My role is to help other parents find answers to their questions and share my insights on what Back-To-School With Purpose means to me, personally. You can go there to read my editorial Back-To-School Brings Gifts and Talents and find out who else was chosen as a Real Life Mom at www.btswithpurpose.com.
Although, I already shared what it means to go Back-To-School with purpose at the DaySpring site, I wanted to share 5 quick ways you can go do your part and walk with purpose this school year with your children:
- Be prepared and help others in the neighborhood do the same. You might be ready to head off to class, but what about the new family that just moved in next door? Check in with your neighbors especially if you think they have an incoming Kindergarten aged child.
- Give to your Teachers. We all know Teachers spend a lot of their OWN money on supplies for the classroom. Make it a mission to grab up 5 things you know your child’s teacher might need: Kleenex, Hand Sanitizer, Pencils, Dry Erase Markers, and a Gift Card to Starbucks (because you KNOW they’ll need some coffee the first few days of school).
- Celebrate the night before. We’re planning to have a fun, yet short, celebration the night before school starts. We’ve got fun snacks and games planned. Afterwards will give you a great chance to talk to your kids about anything they might be worried about or excitement they want to talk about. Wanna go a step further? Invite a few classmates over in the neighborhood!
- Pray. It’s sometimes the last thing we think about because we’re consumed with all the things we need to get done. Setting some time to pray for your children, their teachers, classmates, office staff, bus drivers, and other parents you know is the best thing you can do to ease any nervousness.
- Give to those in need. I know family budgets are tight and it’s hard, but even the smallest thing, like an extra pack of pencils or crayons can help. As I mentioned above, we made two backpacks for children this year. Find out more with our Whrrl Story below.
DaySpring has partnered with Adopt-A-Classroom to bring needed school supplies to children and classrooms that couldn’t otherwise afford it. Adopt-A-Classrom increases opportunity for student success by empowering teachers with community partners and funds to purchase resources for the classroom.
This Back to School season, DaySpring is celebrating its’ new Back to School products sold at Walmart and their legacy of bringing hope and encouragement every day, everywhere. DaySpring will donate $5,000 to the Adopt-A-Classroom campaign with your help.
DaySpring’s Back To School With Purpose Blog Campaign Rules:
- Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
- Create a blog post about what it means to you to go Back to School WithPurpose and identify others who you feel are Living With Purpose in their lives – you can recognize as many individuals as you want.
- Link back to person who gave you a DaySpring Award
- Let each person you are recognizing know you have recognized them.
- Leave your link at btswithpurpose comment section. You can also find the official rules of this #WithPurpose blog campaign, and more information about Back to School with Purpose with DaySpring there.
- DaySpring is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $5,000 for blog posts written by August 21, 2010).
- Please note that only one blog post per blog url will count towards the donation
Momma Findings BTSWithPurpose Picks:
There are four women, I feel, will be going BackToSchool With Purpose this year. I am blessed to know them and their children are equally blessed to have them as their Mothers:
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016