Back in April, I let you guys in on a really cool way to have fun indoors on rainy days. Today, however, we’re not trying to escape the rain. We’re trying to escape the HEAT. Houston has been smoldering. Throw in the humidity and you feel like you’re walking into a sauna by simply checking the mail.
So, what do you do with the kids on those “Heat Advisory” days? We like to throw in a little craft time and use our imagination. Lately, my 3-yr-old is all about Space and blasting off to far away places. He walks around like a Robot (I blame Dora for that one) or pretends to meet friendly aliens on undiscovered planets. He even takes his toys and stuffed animals along for the ride using Crafty Kids Mini Space Shuttle.
Designed by dads for their sturdiness, these smaller white cardboard structures are perfect to play with dolls or Whiskers (meow) for hours of endless creativity and imagination. Both the Creation Cottage and Shuttle Imagination are made of 100% recycled material and await a child’s finishing touch of crayons or markers to make it a one-of-a-kind playhouse. Each Craft Model will come with six washable, non-toxic, jumbo markers to get the creative juices flowing.
Crafty Kids Playhouses was previously known as Kids Craft Playhouses and has just been renamed to emphasize the fun eco-friendly craftiness of their full- and mini-sized playhouses.
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
After reviewing the full size Creation Cottage Playhouse back in April, we were asked to review one of their mini playhouses. We chose the Shuttle to since we picked the Cottage last go round. What did we like?
- Blank Canvas: This is STILL our favorite part about Crafty Kids products. They come to you blank. This gives my children the opportunity to make it their own and use their imagination.
- Easy-To-Assemble: The whole kit comes nestled together in, what looks similar to a pizza box. Only a few pieces and very self explanatory and no need for cutting, gluing, or taping. Just color away!
- Size: With the full size playhouse, we had VERY little room for it in our home, but the Mini Models fits perfectly on our dresser and welcomes our Webkinz Friends, Barbies, and stuffed animals. Shuttle weighs just 3 pounds. When fully assembled the shuttle measures 14.5”L x 21.5” W x 22”H.
- Recycled: For all you Green Mommas, you’ll be happy to know that each structure is made of 100% recycled material and made right here in the USA.
- Functionable: The shuttle has a very solid base, making it easy to “fly” from room to room and carry small toys. It also has windows and flap door for easy in and out.
Momma Findings Improvements and Suggestions:
Assembly: Although it was easy to put together compared to other playhouses, I did have trouble with the roof. Suggestion: To make things easier, you’ll need two pairs of hands to place it just right. Once in place it stays nice and snug.
Fins: There are three fins that are to be place on the Shuttle last. For SOME reason we all decided to put our names on these fins prior to “installing”. We found out they would be displayed upside down. Suggestion: Look at the instructions prior to coloring to make sure you’re not creating designs that will be upside down on your spacecraft.
All in all, the Crafty Kids Mini Shuttle was a great way to stay out of the heat and have some fun quality time together.
Crafty Kids USA sPlayhouse are available online www.craftykidsusa.com and at select specialty retailers. The Mini Creation Cottage retails for $22.95 and the Mini Shuttle Imagination is $24.95.
Momma Findings is happy to be giving away one one Crafy Kids Mini play structure of your choice to one lucky reader! You can choose either the Mini Creation Cottage or the Mini Shuttle Imagination:
Take a visit to www.craftykidsusa.com and come back here and tell me what product, other than the Mini Shuttle, you’d like to try.
Extra Entry Options:
- [5 Extra Entries] by blogging about fun things you do with your kids indoors on those hot Summer Days Please link to www.crafykidsusa.com AND this post.
- Follow Me and Crafy Kids on Twitter. Then send out a tweet linking here. A great tweet would be: I’m having fun indoors w/ @Sarann and @kidscraftusa at MommaFindings. Enter to win a Mini Shuttle or Cottage Playhouse (link).
- Sign up to be an email subscriber right there on the right side
- Add the Momma Findings button to your blog sidebar
- Follow Momma Findings on Facebook Networked Blogs (scroll ALLL the way to the bottom of the blog for the link).
- Follow Momma Findings on Google Friends.
Contest starts today August 14th – August 28th 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Lissa who said, “I would also love to try the Creation Cottage.” Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016