We’ve been preparing for Back-To-School here at Momma Findings, but I don’t want to completely dismiss the last 2 weeks left in our Summer. I mean, the Texas Heat isn’t going anywhere so why should I?
We’ve done the road trips, the water parks, and the lazy days. We’re 5 shades darker than we were back in May and somehow a little sad that the Summer has just flown by. Although prepartions for school are stacking up, we plan to enjoy what’s left of the sunny days with family. I’ve come up with a great way to Celebrate the End-of-Summer with your family. One word…….. Cake.
A fun way to, officially, mark the End of Summer for you family is to celebrate it, complete with cake. Betty Crocker has some great ideas for the Summmer Birthday Party or for your small intimate End-Of-Summer Party. What a great way to invite new children who just moved into the neighborhood or get acquainted with friends you haven’t seen all Summer.
This Flip Flop Cake would screams Summer and Fun, doesn’t it? Betty Crocker makes this easy to make with the How To Make a Cake Video.
- Cut flip-flops from cardstock and have the birthday child decorate. Make sure the “when and where” info is included.
- Invite guests to dress in swimsuit and beach gear.
- Outfit each guest with a pair of funky sunglasses, beach towels and plastic floral leis as they arrive.
- Use blow up beach balls to decorate the party space.
Party Games and Activities
- Organize a beach ball kick-ball game
- Decorate take-home flip-flops with ribbons, yarn or balloons.
- Play catch the water balloon. Pair off with each pair receiving a water balloon. One throws the balloon to the other, those who catch the balloon without bursting move a step further from their partner. When the balloon bursts, the couple is eliminated. The game continues until a winning pair is left.
- Play beach music
- Have colorful paper beverage umbrellas and neon straws at the ready for the tropical drinks.
Talk About It:
As the party winds down, how about you talk to your children and their friends (if they’re not in a sugar coma) about what their favorite part of the Summer was and why. You might be surprised at their answers. Check out what my kids had to say:
Other Party Ideas:
If you’re planning a Birthday Party soon, you might want to check out all the other themes to choose from such as:
- Out of this World Space Party
- Firehouse Party
- Under the Sea Mermaid Party
- Pony Pals Party
- Train Party
- Magical Princess Party
- Pandas Forever Party
- Robots Rule Party
One lucky winner will receive a Betty Crocker “Bake Life Sweeter” prize pack that includes VIP coupons and all the baking tools you would need to create the cake above and celebrate the End-Of-Summer.
Head over to www.BettyCrocker.com. Then, come back here and tell me, in the comment section, what cake you think you’d like to try to make for either an End-of-Summer Party or your child’s next Birthday.
Extra Entry Options:
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” our Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page. Go ahead and comment once you get there! We love wall comments!
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by following me on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. Please include @Sarann.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today August 10th – August 20th Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
**CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED** Congrats to Adriane that said this about her favorite at Betty Crocker, “The Barn Cake is ADORABLE!” That’s one of our faves too! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016