Thanks for joining me in the 6-week-long HEB Meal Maker Challenge. This is week 2 and, so far, I’ve enjoyed hearing all of your creative ideas for breakfast. I’ve learned all kinds of ways to make scrambled eggs. Definitely be experimenting with all of those mix-ins!
Today, I want to talk to you, not only about Meal Ideas, but about making a difference this school year. I just, recently, moved back to my Hometown in Texas, after living in Tennessee and North Carolina. While, I’m grateful for the experience and culture change, there’s one thing for certain… I missed Texas.
While I drove the streets of Memphis, I, often, thought of the Texas scenery: Wildflowers, acres and acres of cow pastures, High School football fields. It’s the community that I missed so greatly. With community spirit, comes generosity and a willingness to help. Here, at Momma Findings, that is my goal for Back-To-School this year. I want to give back to, both, my online and local community.
For more than 100 years, our commitment and involvement in the community has been recognized as an important part of the way we do business. It’s our way of saying thank you for allowing us to be your neighbor. Each day we strive to earn, build and maintain a positive relationship of trust, creating a tradition of caring that has come to be known as H-E-B’s Spirit of Giving.
In this spirit, the company has contributed five percent of its pre-tax earnings to public and charitable programs since the 1930s, and remains one of the few companies in the nation to give at such a level.
3 Easy Meals That Give Back:
Back-To-School is an exciting time for families, but can also create a financial hardship as parents struggle to purchase all their child’s needs, such as: Clothes, Shoes, Supplies, and, yes, even food for breakfast and lunch. I know, for us, it changes our budget dramatically for the rest of the year. So, thanks to H-E-B and ConAgra, I’ve come up with 3 easy meal ideas to complete your day and 1 big way to give back.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls: My two children love these, but my 3-year-old is allergic to Peanut Butter, so you can also use Soy Butter or, my favorite, Nutella. Simply put peanut butter on one side of a tortilla and jelly on the other. Roll carefully. Then slice. This creates a pinwheel effect and easy finger food to pack for lunch.
- Meatloaf: One of our favorites is Meatloaf. It doubles as dinner one night and sandwiches for lunch the next. Mine is pretty easy to make. Simply using the following: 2-3lbs of ground Beef, 1 Can of Tomato Sauce, 1 package of Onion Soup Mix, 2 eggs, 1 cup of bread crumbs. Mix all together and bake at 400 for 1 hour. Use Online Combo Loco through Aug. 31st: Buy 2 Hunt’s 8 oz. Tomato Sauces, get 1 Free.
- Baked Dessert: Buy a frozen pie, bake, then top off with whip cream or vanilla ice cream for a tasty treat the whole family will love. Use In-Store Combo Loco through Aug. 31st: Buy Reddi Wip, get a free 4-pack Snack Pack Pudding or Online Combo Loco: Buy Banquet Family Serve entrée, get 2 Free Banquet Fruit Pies
Now here’s the best part. You’ve got your meal solutions planned out for the day. If you use the combo locos, you’re probably leaving the store with a few extra products. Just like stockpiling, this gives you a great way to create care packages for families in need or boxes to donate to area food pantries.
As I mentioned before, I’m all about community and giving back this school year. Later this month, I’m putting together a backpack full of supplies for a child in need, thanks to DaySpring and Family Dollar is helping me give back to one lucky Teacher. H-E-B has been an area partner in giving back through charities, but what I love most of all is the community they help to promote. When I go to my area H-E-B store, I know I’m home and surrounded by wonderful employees there to help. Like these two fun chicks helping promote the Texas Showdown:
Today, I want to give back. To encourage others to do the same, I’m giving away TWO H-E-B/ConAgra Prize Packs. One for your family to kick off the school year and one for a family in need that YOU nominate. Each prize pack is valued at $50 and filled with the following:
- Reusable ConAgra shopping tote
- $25 H-E-B gift card*
- Peter Pan Peanut Butter
- 4-pack Snack Pack Pudding
- Healthy Choice Fresh Mixer
- LaChoy Creation
- LaChoy Sauce
- Chef Boyardee
- Hunt’s Ketchup
- Marie Callender’s Homestyle Creation
**Note: Giveaway open nationwide, however, please note HEB stores are mainly located in Texas. If you do not have a store nearby and you happen to win, gift card can be used at Central Market stores as well, but may not be of use to you if you’re out of the marketed area. In this case, please let us know.
Tell me, in the comment section, all about the family you’re nominating. Have they gone through financial hardships? Have they made a difference in your life? Do they have a big family and you just want to help? I simply want to hear why you feel this family needs and deserves a prize pack like this.
**Note You don’t have to mention their name, however, a shipping address will be collected for them afterwards.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page along with the HEB and ConAgra Facebook Pages. Please comment on either the HEB or ConAgra page and tell ’em you discovered their page on Momma Findings.
- FOUR EXTRA ENTRIES by following HEB, ConAgraFoods, and myself on Twitter, then tweeting about this giveaway. Great tweet would be: Help Give Back to a needy family w/ @Sarann @HEB & @ConAgraFoods and win a #HEBack2School prize pack http://bit.ly/93l4PK.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by blogging about the Meal Maker Challenge. This is a special entry that will be good for EVERY product giveaway I host throughout the Meal Maker Challenge in the next 6 weeks. Leave the URL in the comment section.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today August 3rd – August 17th 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Vickie C. Please check your inbox on how to claim both your prize and the prize of the family you nominated.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016