We’ve always been a “Veg Head” Family. At a very young age, my daughter became clearly connected to everything Bob and Larry had to say …or actually sing. All of their silly songs pulled my sweet girl in and she became my ultimate VeggieTales lover. Of course, it made my Momma heart so happy to have her enjoy God’s Word and, often, repeat it and live it out loud amongst her friends.
Just yesterday, Big Idea Inc. released a new DVD in the VeggieTales series called SweetPea Beauty: A Girl After God’s Own Heart. This movie is a parody of the story of Sleeping Beauty and delivers a powerful message to young girls about outward appearances. Although, my daughter is now 6 1/2 and quickly outgrowing VeggieTales, I knew it could speak to her about what God says about true beauty.
Big Idea Entertainment released a brand new enchanting adventure on DVD, VeggieTales®: Sweetpea Beauty—A Girl After God’s Own Heart, just yesterday, July 31, 2010. This creative fairy-tale parody teaches a valuable lesson about true beauty based on 1 Samuel 16:7 which says, “For the Lord sees not as man sees. Man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” The DVD features an original new song entitled “Beautiful For Me” by critically acclaimed singer-songwriter Nichole Nordeman and also included on this show is the fun Silly Song, “Pants”, a sing-along song called “More Beautiful,” and other family friendly exclusive interviews and guide content.
- Directors’ Audio Commentary
- Art Gallery
- Sweetpea’s True Beauty Guide For Girls
- “Pants” Silly Songs with Larry Sing-Along
- “More Beautiful” Sing-Along
- Girl Talk – Kids thoughts on true beauty
- Behind The Music of Sweetpea Beauty—An Interview with Nichole Nordeman
All About MY SweetPea:
As I mentioned before, my daughter was the first “Veg Head” in the family. She was always so happy nestled with her stuff VeggieTales toys, watching DVD after DVD. She then felt she needed to invite friends over to watch and became a VeggieTales expert by discussing her favorite Bible Stories and Scripture. Really. My heart melts talking about it. Her older brother soon got excited and began watching with her and when her youngest brother was born, she wasted no time singing songs to him, such as this:
She’ll be 7-yrs-old very soon. This Fall she’s entering 1st grade. The time flies by so quickly, but my Faith tells me, because of VeggieTales, she has God’s Word tucked away in her heart, while she’s home, while she’s at school, but most importantly, while she faces day to day life decisions.
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
I was asked if I’d like to review SweetPea Beauty and I was so excited to see there is a movie JUST for girls in mind. VeggiesTales has always done an excellent job at creating Biblical stories as parodies of other popular movies. Two of our favorites are Lord of the Beans and The Wizard of Ha’s.
SweetPea Beauty reminds girls that true beauty comes from within. The most beautiful and unique traits of a girl are things like: Honoring your parents, helping others, taking care of the world, giving thanks and praise, and knowing you are special because God made you perfect in His eyes.
You can purchase SweetPea Beauty as of yesterday, July 31st, at Christian market stores for the suggested retail price of $14.99. On August 3, 2010, however, you can look for it at other general stores. If you like to shop online, check out the Big Idea Store to purchase.
Thanks to Big Idea Inc., one lucky Momma Findings reader will win the SweetPea Beauty DVD.
True beauty comes from within. Tell me, in the comment section, one piece of advice you’d give a young girl to help her understand that.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- FOUR EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” both the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page and VeggieTales Facebook Page. Go ahead and leave a comment on their page and tell ’em you found them at MommaFindings.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES by following me on Twitter then tweeting about this giveaway. Great tweet would be: Beauty comes from within. Enter to Win VeggieTales SweetPea Beauty w/ @Sarann at Momma Findings http://bit.ly/9vFR6E.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today August 1st – August 15th 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Eliva C. Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016