All Summer long, my daughter and I have been having craft time together. One week we made Junie B. Jones Bookmarks. Another week, we made friendship bracelets with family and I can’t forget the fun 4th of July Tiaras we made together.
I find it’s great Mother/Daughter time, but I also get a bit aggravated because, out of all honesty, I am not a very creative person. I’m not crafty. I don’t sew. I can barely use a hot glue gun, however, I try. I try for her because that’s one thing she REALLY loves to do. So, when Family Fun asked me if I wanted to try their EASY Craft Kits, I couldn’t pass that up. I’m ALL about EASY during craft time.
FamilyFun magazine has long been a go-to source for fun, inexpensive and simple crafts for kids. With the recent introduction of FamilyFun craft kits, it’s even easier to take activities from the magazine’s pages straight to kids’ hands. Available at select Wal-Mart stores nationwide, the latest line of 7 kits are just $7 – 7 kits for 7 days of the week! Each kit has a different theme, from Flowers & Fairies to Under The Sea, to Forest Creatures, the kits are perfect for birthday parties and rainy day fun. Plus, they contain all needed materials and step-by-step photo instructions so kids can craft themselves!
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
As I mentioned before, I fear Craft Time with my daughter because it takes me quite a while to “figure it out”. Sometimes I wish I was just a little more on the crafty side, but I guess it’s just going to take a little more practice on my part. Hey! I can blog with the best of ’em. That’s more up my alley.
Family Fun Magazine asked me if I’d like to try out their new Craft Kits. They mentioned how easy they are with complete instructions and pictures. So, as I said, I just HAD to try ’em with my girl. We received the Flower Friends Kit and my daughter immediately wanted to get started.
What To Expect:
I like to know what I’m getting for my money, so I was pretty impressed that these craft kits are only $7.00 with all you receive. Each box lists what’s inside and shows a picture of all the supplies on the back of the box. Take a look and what you get:
All of the supplies come nestled together, each grouped in separate bags. They come in a colorful box for easy storing and traveling, I might add. I really liked that the box has a handle making it easy for my daughter to take it to her Grandma’s house or to share with the neighbors. She can even stock up on more supplies and carry it in this box for future crafts.
How Did I Fair?
Well, I’m happy to report, I did pretty darn well and here’s why:
- It gave us something to concentrate on
- It gave us a little face time.
- It gave us twirl time.
- It made us happy.
Momma Improvements and Suggestions:
We had so much fun doing this craft together, however, there was one little snag along the way. Literally.
- The embroidery floss (string for the hair) was a little hard to get unraveled. It looks nice and neat since it’s tied with a sticky band, however, the sticker was hard to take off without snagging the string. Suggestion: Maybe the embroidery floss can be tied with a rubber band instead?
Family Fun Craft Kits can be purchased and select Wal-Mart stores for the suggested retail price of $7.00. Click Here to learn more about these fun craft kits.
Thanks to Family Fun Magazine, I’ve got one craft kit to giveaway to one lucky Momma Findings reader.
Tell me, in the comment section, the ONE thing your family likes to have when making crafts. I know for us, we like to have either Pipe Cleaners or Benderoos handy.
Extra Entry Options (only after the above is answered):
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” the Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page. Go ahead and leave me a comment. I live on them. 🙂
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by following me on Twitter, then tweeting about this giveaway. Great tweet would be: I’m getting crafty w/ @Sarann at Momma Findings. Enter to win a @FamilyFun Craft Kit http://bit.ly/bOTjTM.
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today July 31st – August 14th 11:59pm CST and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Tabathia who said, “We have glue sticks, construction paper and pipe cleaners.” All things we always keep in our craft box too! Please check you inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016