Summer is a time for fun in the sun, but what that means for me is little time in the kitchen and little time planning our meals. Lately, we’ve been so sun-drenched from the Water Park or time constrained from fun activities that we end up picking something up from a fast-food restaurant. It’s definitely not a healthy eating life-style and takes a toll on our pocketbook.
Have you been looking to break-out of the same ole’- same ole’ for dinner? Well, I’ve discovered great ways to sizzle up your Summer meals with Lawry’s Marinades and Seasonings. New ides and recipes can spice up any family meal with everything from Grilled Corn with Smokehouse Maple Chipotle Butter to Applewood Grilled Shrimp. Ready to break out?
Lawry’s newest marinades allow you to infuse your meals with exotic flavors without ever leaving your home. Inspired by the sun-drenched villages of Italy, the Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Marinade features extra virgin olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, sweet red bell peppers and the perfect blend of herbs. The Szechuan Sweet & Sour BBQ Marinade gives meat a delicious sweet and sour flavor with a touch of Szechuan heat.
Summer Grilling Ideas and Flavors:
Us Texans are proud of our Bar-B-Que, especially fajitas. Or is that just my family? I can tell you right now that I’m a little hesitate to break out into new flavors, however, Lawry’s has great pairings that look irresistible. Check it out:
- Applewood and Plum – Juicy plums accent smoky applewood and add flair to all-American barbecue.
- Cilantro and Lime – Cutting across the diverse cuisines, this bright and zingy pair is a refreshing taste of summertime.
- Rosemary and Fig – Figs are an unexpected and regionally inspired match for aromatic rosemary.
- Chipotle and Maple – This culinary comingling deliver a fresh take on smoky, spicy and sweet.
- Brown Sugar and Bourbon – This duo brings a delicious dose of Southern charm to the patio.
- Cinnamon and Coffee – Bold and confident – with just the right edge of bitterness.
- Red Chili Sauce and Mango – The flavor of mango takes hot or sweet red chili sauce far beyond mere “condiment status.”
Ready to Cook?
Thanks to Lawry’s and MyBlogSpark, I was lucky enough to try some of these new marinades. One of my favorites? Szechuan Sweet and Sour BBQ Marinade. I used it like any busy Momma would… in the crockpot. When my husband is at work, I’m useless around the grill so this worked out great.
With it’s perfect blend of sweet and sour, I threw Pork Chops, sprinkled with Salt and Pepper, into the crockpot and covered it with the marinade. This was perfect since we were planning a day swimming with family for most of the day. When we returned home, dinner was ready and all I had to do was make white rice to pair with it. Pre-chopped vegetables were perfect for a side salad along with it. Are you a fan of the crockpot? What sauces, mixes, etc do you use to cook with?
One lucky winner will receive a Lawry’s “Get Grilling Kit” that includes Both of the new Lawry’s marinades – Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato and Szechuan Sweet & Sour BBQ – a set of skewers and a marinating dish.
Tell me, in the comment section, your favorite food to grill out in the Summer? I love me some Corn. In fact, I’m dying to grill corn with Smokehouse Maple Chipotle Butter. To find recipes and Lawry’s marinades that complement the flavor pairings visit the Grilling Flavor Forecast™ website at http://www.mccormick.com/FlavorForecast/2010FlavorForecastGrilling.aspx.
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” our Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page. Go ahead and comment once you get there! We love wall comments!
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by following me on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. Please include @Sarann.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today July 21st – August 4th Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Eloise as our lucky winner. Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016