My children have had a complete transformation in the last few days. All three of them (and myself) have gotten about 10 shades darker than we were 3 weeks ago. Why? Because we, recently, received the gift of Season Passes to our Local Houston Area Water Park. There’s nothing better than swimming all day long, coming home for a nap, and waking up to grab up some icecream, right?
With all the fun we’ve been having, I’ve gotten a little concerned about the health of our skin and ears (my 3-year-old is having issues of ear pain). We use sunscreen, but it doesn’t change the fact that our skin feels really dry, rough, and scratchy. Recently, I took the Healthy Skin Pledge with Eucerin. Having done this, reminds me that our skin, especially during Summer, needs extra loving care and maybe a little extra SPF 30 wouldn’t hurt.
- UVB rays are the main cause of sunburns, DNA damage and skin cancer. SPF protects against these rays, so make sure to apply sunscreen daily!
- Who doesn’t want to stay young-looking? Reducing sun exposure is Step 1. The sun is responsible for over 90% of the visible signs of aging.
- The sun’s rays are as toxic to your skin as smoking is to your lungs. Just as you can avoid smoking, protect your skin by staying out of the sun.
- Planning on eating lunch outside? If you’re going to be outside between 10AM and 4PM, be sure to put on sunscreen! This is when the sun’s rays are the most severe and can cause the most damage to your skin!
- If you’re at the beach or pool, remember that putting on sunscreen just once isn’t enough. A variety of factors including high humidity, sweating, drying off with a towel and contact with water can all make sunscreen less effective so be sure to re-apply every two hours or when needed.
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
Being that we’ve been spending a lot more time in the sun, I want to make sure we’re doing our part during those days where we’re merely out for a small amount of time, such as when we’re running errands or having a picnic. Eucerin makes it easy on us Mommas with their line of lotion with SPF protection.
Thanks to Eucerin, we’ve had the chance to try both their Everyday Body Lotion with SPF 15 and their Everyday Facial Lotion with SPF 30. The verdict? Well, it’s a little biased because we’re already loyal Eucerin users due to my daughter’s eczema.
My son’s feel the “Blue Bottle” of lotion is for boys and the “Pink Bottle” is for girls. It’s actually gotten them to put lotion on MORE because of the packaging. My daughter and I use the facial lotion and it goes on very smoothly. She tells me, “Momma, it doesn’t smell bad and feels good against my face.” She’s a little sensitive to overly fragranced lotions as is her Momma. All in all, I feel comfortable that Eucerin can help my family routinely take care of our skin in the harsh summer months.
Connect with Eucerin:
Eucerin Facebook Page for more information on skin health
I want to know… during the Summer Months do you see a big difference in the health of your skin?
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016