You ever have so much fun with friends at a party that you don’t want to leave? Well, that’s how I feel today. I’m sad it’s our last day of the Nestle Summer Block Party, but I had so much fun with The Not-So Blog, Cutie Booty Cakes, Classy Chaos, and 24/7 Moms and all of you guys that I know it was all worth it. Plus, I’ve gotten to know so many of ya’ll on the Momma Findings Facebook Fan Page that I can always chat with you over Drumsticks Sundae Cones anytime!
So, all week long I’ve talked to you guys about Summer Fun that won’t break the bank. To re-cap, Monday we talked about music fun indoors. Tuesday was music fun OUTdoors. Wednesday we discovered places where KIDS EAT FREE and Thursday we found ways to save when going to the Movies with the family. Today, it’s water fun. Oh, I love me some WATER FUN!
We love us some water fun in any way, shape, or form. Be it Sprinklers, Kiddie Pools, or Slip N Slides, my family can’t get enough of splishin’ and splashin’. Today I’m going to let you guys in on how we have water fun all on a budget.
- Water Balloons: I’ve actually forgotten about this form until I moved back home to Texas and my sister brought them out at a cook-out. They are painfully fun! We usually grab up a few bags at Family Dollar. They have the spouts included making it easier to fill. You’ve spent about two bucks and you’ll have loads of fun chasing each other outside.
- Backyard Pools: To save on the cost of entrance at local pools, why not splash outside? You can purchase a kiddie pool these days for next to nothing or opt for a bigger easy set-up pool to fit the whole family.
- Slip N Slides: Omgosh, these have gotten so cheap it’s not even funny! You can purchase, once again, at the Family Dollar, plug it into the hose, and you’ve got all day fun.
- Water Guns: I was never a fan of these things until my kids were older. Nowadays you can buy crazy water guns that shoot miles away (okay, maybe not that far). We usually go with off-brand guns from Family Dollar. They work just as great as Super Soakers. Don’t forget to buy little ones the handheld guns so they can join in the fun too. Oh heck, we just hand our 3-year-old the water hose for defense.
- Toy Bath: Some of my kids toys get pretty filthy. For those without batteries, we take them outside. Bring in the bubbles, sponges, and soap to wipe ’em down clean in storage tubs. You’ll get the toys clean and have a splashin’ good time.
- Boat Making: Practice making boats with various crafts and objects you find around the house. Fill up a storage tub (or even a bucket will do) and let them test the boats out. If you have the kiddie pool set up, have a race!
- Local Pools: If you just HAVE to get out, visit your neighborhood pool for low cost entrance. My little town just opened a Water Park called Pirate’s Bay and, we felt, buying a Season Pass would be most effective since we’ll probably be living there everyday for the rest of the Summer. Well, I’ll be honest and say my Mother-In-Law bought the passes for us which makes it the PERFECT budget savvy activity for our family. Don’t ya think?
Where to Shop:
I know it’s the middle of Summer and we’ve got Back-To-School on the brain, but I wanted you guys to take notice that I’m a big fan of dollar stores, especially Family Dollar. When you’re a family of five, there are so many ways to have fun in the Summer all on a budget thanks to stores like this. We kicked off our Summer-On-A-Budget with Family Dollar and want to bring all of you guys in on what we bought:
Our giveaway only lasts 24 hours and it’s our very LAST one for our party, so make sure you tell your friends about this one on Twitter, Facebook, Email, Phone, Smoke Signal, whatever gets it done. One lucky reader will win a Nestle Prize Package that includes a $100 Visa Gift Card and a mix of free coupons from the following brands: JUICY JUICE®, OVALTINE®, EDY’S®/DREYER’S®, CARNATION® Breakfast Essentials, WONKA®, STOUFFER’S®, NESQUIK®, TOLL HOUSE®, and DRUMSTICK® Sundae Cones.
How To Enter (Required):
This is a two part question and since the prize is a $100 gift card with awesome goodies, I’d like if you could answer both questions to be considered. Tell me, in the comment section, how you guys have water fun!
– Do you play special games, go with the classic sprinkler, or go to a Water Park?
– Where do you shop for Summer products (water guns, sidewalk chalk, etc)?
- Send a tweet letting your friends know, such as: It’s the Last Day of the Summer Block Party w/ @Sarann! Enter to win a Nestle Prize Pack at Momma Findings http://bit.ly/bkpCRc. Leave your status url in the comment section.
- “Like” Momma Findings on Facebook and leave me a comment. You’ll stay up to date on all the winners chosen this week for the Summer Block Party
- Blog about the Summer Block Party. Yes, this is a special entry because doing this gets you an extra entry EACH day this week. Just leave a comment each day with you url of your blog post. Please link directly to this post.
- Become an email subscriber! The form is over there on the right sidebar and you’ll stay up to date on all things happening here at Momma Findings right there in your inbox.
- Follow Momma Findings on Facebook Networked Blogs
- Become a Google Friend. Because who doesn’t love Google and who doesn’t love friends? Just scroll all the way to the bottom and you’ll see how.
Contest starts today July 16th CST and ends tonight at 11:59PM CST. It is open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes. Winners will be contacted the following day by email, an edit in this post, and announced on the Momma Findings Facebook Page.
Be a Party Crasher and Win!
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Mamawj who loves her some Slip N Slides down the hill in her front yard. Oh and she loves her some Family Dollar just like me!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016