Summer is just blasting right through and, although I’m counting down the days till school starts, I’ve committed to enjoying what Summer we have left. As a family, we’ve had a lot of fun the last month, but as a Mom to three young children, I understand we must stay on a budget to get ready for all the expenses school will bring. There are so many things to buy like: clothes, supplies, backpacks, and shoes. With all this in mind, you can still enjoy fun activities for the remaining of the Summer all on a budget.
To help you with some budget savvy summer fun ideas, I’ve partnered with Nestle for a Summer Block Party like no other. Starting Monday July 12th – July 16th, I’ll bring you one idea each day on fun family-friendly activities that won’t break the bank. Along with those ideas, will come a daily giveaway of a Nestle Prize Pack. The week-long excitement wraps up on Friday where I’ll be giving away a $100 Visa Gift Card.
Although I’m a Stay-at-Home-Mom, Mondays are usually rather difficult. I’m planning my week, getting back to the gym, tackling laundry, and scheduling my editorial calendar for the blog. In other words, I don’t usually plan to leave the house on any given Monday except to work out or run errands. Blame it on my OCD scheduled mind, but there is just so much to do to stay on track for the week.
SO, how do I have fun with the kids rain or shine? Well, we turn the music up……… WAY UP!
Yes, we have a dance party at home and in the car. While we do the laundry, clean, or catch up on work we have the tunes playing. During lunch we gather in the kitchen and dance off while the grilled cheese is cooking. In the evening, I let my children pick one new song they’d like to download for the iPod Touch. Some days, we even invite over neighborhood friends over to jam out or play Just Dance with us.
Make it all about music for one day. You’ll be surprised at how many laughs you’ll see when Mom tries to do the “Robot”.
Now to the good stuff. Our first giveaway only lasts 24 hours, so make sure you tell your friends about this one on Twitter, Facebook, Email, Phone, Smoke Signal, whatever gets it done. One lucky reader will receive a prize pack full of coupons for free Nestle Products:
- 1 NESTLÉ® Drumstick® Heroes Summer Celebration Package, valued at approx. $300.This fun-filled, NESTLÉ® DRUMSTICK® Heroes summer celebration package comes complete with enough NESTLÉ® DRUMSTICK® Sundae Cones for a party of 50 pals. If you’d like to nominate a young hero to win their own summer celebration package, visit: http://www.drumstick.com/promotions/heroes.aspx
- 2 JUICY JUICE®
- 2 OVALTINE®
- 2 EDY’S®/DREYER’S®
- 1 CARNATION® Breakfast Essentials
- 1 WONKA®
- 1 STOUFFER’S®
- 1 NESQUIK®
- 1 TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Cookie Dough
- 1 TOLL HOUSE® Morsels
How To Enter (Required):
Leave a comment telling me what new songs you’ve been jamming out to lately. We’re big on KidzBop these days, however, I’m really lovin’ California Girls by Katy Perry.
- Send a tweet letting your friends know, such as: “It’s a Summer Block Party w/ @Sarann! Enter to win a Nestle Prize Pack at Momma Findings http://bit.ly/dpK4th”. Leave your status url in the comment section.
- “Like” Momma Findings on Facebook and leave me a comment. You’ll stay up to date on all the winners chosen this week for the Summer Block Party
- Blog about the Summer Block Party. Yes, this is a special entry because doing this gets you an extra entry EACH day this week. Just leave a comment each day with you url of your blog post. Please link directly to this post.
Contest starts today July 12th CST and ends tonight at 11:59PM CST. It is open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes. Winners will be contacted the following day by an edit in this post and announced on the Momma Findings Facebook Page.
Be a Party Crasher and Win!
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Brandy Nelson who let me in on one of her fave songs these days, which is one of mine too! “One newer song that I really like is Nothin’ On you by BOB.”
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016