Fourth of July celebration take place this weekend and I’m sure most of you are planning to spend time with family having fun and eating great food. Oh, the food. It’s my favorite part! I’m a sucker for Funnel Cakes and Cook Outs. What are you planning to bring to yours?
It’s easy to pick up pre-made potato salad or cole slaw, but it’s JUST as easy to whip up a batch of Betty Crocker Pasta Salad. In fact, it even gives you the opportunity to make it your very own with the ability to throw in extra ingredients, making it THAT much tastier.
With Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad mixes, you can whip up a unique and delicious side dish in the time it takes to boil pasta. Each box of Suddenly Salad comes with ready-to-cook pasta and a seasoning packet. Put your own spin on it by adding your choice of mix-ins to create a one-of-a-kind pasta salad that will wow your guests. With seven different flavors, including new Greek, you’re sure to find a family pleasing favorite that no one will ever guess isn’t made from scratch!
Personalize Your Salad:
Suddenly Salad mixes are great, but we all have ideas on what we like or dislike. Thanks My Blog Spark, I got to try the Greek Salad Mix. I cut up slices of pepperoni and olives. Then, added them to the mix to create an awesome lunch.
For great recipe ideas and to learn about the different varieties of Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad mixes, visit www.SuddenlySalad.com. There, you’ll find recipes, including one for Greek Tossed Pasta Salad, using Suddenly Salad Caesar pasta salad mix, and Garden Ranch Pasta Salad, using Suddenly Salad ranch and bacon pasta salad mix.
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
As I mentioned above, we were sent a Suddenly Salad gift pack to create our very own pasta salad. The kids weren’t too sure about it. Call me a bad Mom, but I don’t think they’ve ever had Pasta Salad. The Tri-Colored noodles were just beyond them!
They helped me make the salad and soon lost their “jitters” after seeing it all put together. Suddenly Salad makes it so easy. Simply boil the pasta, rinse, and add in the mixture. It was easy to get the kids involved as they threw in the olives, stirred, and placed in the container to be refrigerated.
An added bonus? The Box Top to cut out and save for our school. SCORE!
Momma Findings Improvements:
As always, we always write honest and through reviews so here’s what we were dealing with:
- Taste: It was a bit bitter for the kids tastebuds. I’ve had Greek Pasta Salad before, however, this didn’t taste quite like I remembered. I knew the kids would like it better if we added in their favorite pepperoni. That seemed to improve a bit. I wonder what we could next time to make it a little on the sweeter side (or at least eliminate the bitter taste)?
Since I love the 4th of July and all the great foods we can cook for it, I’ve got one Suddenly Salad Gift Pack to giveaway with the following:
- A sample of the newest variety, Suddenly Salad Greek.
- A storage container
- A serving bowl
- An insulated tote.
Tell me, in the comment section, what recipes you’ve created using Suddenly Salad. Any particular mix-in’s you like?
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you “like” our Momma Findings Official Facebook Fan Page. Go ahead and comment once you get there! We love wall comments!
- TWO EXTRA ENTRIES by following me on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. Please include @Sarann.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today July 1st – July 16th Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to lucky winner Pixie as our winner. She’s never tried Suddenly Salad, but she makes me hungry saying “I think some cucumbers, peperoni, and mozzerella would be yummy in the classic italian!”
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016