My favorite thing about the 4th of July is the fireworks. They’ve always been a spectacular event no matter which city I celebrated in. If you’re like me, you want to find the best place to sit, where you can spread out a blanket, gaze at the sky, and create memories with you children. You can soak in a little music, good food, and the light show. Oh, don’t forget a little extra to buy those neon glow-in-the-dark necklaces. Those were always my favorite as a child to go nicely with my crafty tiara with ribbon hanging down. Man! My memories of 4th of July are so awesome!
So, where can you take the family for the 4th? I’ve got the scoop on 4th of July Celebrations in Houston and surrounding areas.
- Baytown 3rd and 4th of July Celebration: Festival starts early this year with concerts on the 3rd starting at 6:00pm. On the 4th enjoy the annual parade, vendor booths, and children’s play area. Joe Nichols will be performing at 8:00pm with Fireworks starting at 9:30.
- Houston Chevy Freedom Over Texas Fireworks: The biggest fireworks show in Houston at Elanor Tinsley Park. Festival starts at 4:00pm. Pat Green will be performing and you can catch it all on ABC News 13 in case you can’t make it. Check out http://www.houstontx.gov/july4/index.html for more on activities and times.
- Kemah Boardwalk: Kemah will kick off its two-day Independence Day Celebration with two parades, the Fourth of July Parade at 10am Saturday, July 3, and the Children’s Parade starting at 9:30am. The parade lineup is behind the Kemah Visitor Center with the parade route travelling along the Kemah Lighthouse District. The theme for the parade this year is “Hats off to Heroes.” Additional activities start at noon July 3rd.
- Sam Houston Race Park: Special Family Friendly activities and fireworks show starting on July 3rd. Visit www.shrp.com for more information.
I listed events closest to my neck of the woods, Baytown, however, you can find more at ABC 13.
I love featuring my local readers:
Planning on going to any of the listed 4th of July Events with the family or visited any Momma Findings Local Finds? We’d love to feature you! All you have to do is send me an email, tweet me, or facebook me. I’ll then be in touch to gather a picture of you at the place and additional information all to be posted here at MommaFindings.com.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016