With the first hurricane of the season hitting Mexico today, here in the Houston Area, we’re getting quite a bit of rain. The rest of the week calls for stormy weather, so we decided to make the best of it. There are only so many video games or movies to watch and our Summer reading has been going great. So, I’ve been digging around my “Review Shelf” searching for something new and fun to do.
The last few days, I’ve been “babysitting” my cousins. They are all very girly, very giggly, and very TWEEN. What better way to entertain them then by making Friendship Bracelets together!? I’m a little rusty in my jewelry making skills, but the Klutz Fancy Friendship Bracelets craft book, helped me look like a pro in their eyes.
Introducing Fancy Friendship Bracelets, the original Friendship Bracelet’s new best friend. We started with super-simple instructions for a flock of all-new bracelet designs. We added five different colors of cord and more than 200 sparkling beads. Then we threw in some stylish charms for good measure. The result is even better than we hoped.
What to Expect:
When I, first, received this book, I was intimidated. I mean, I’m nowhere near the crafty type and I feared I’d disappoint my daughter once she realized I couldn’t make a bracelet to save my life. So, I shelved the book thinking the perfect time would appear. Appear it did. As I mentioned, I’ve got three Tween girls in my house, temporarily, and I’m doing all I can to keep them busy and entertained. So, I pulled out the Klutz Fancy Friendship Bracelet craft book.
You can expect to have complete instructions and materials to make quite a few cool friendship bracelets. Check it out:
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
After making the bracelets for my daughter and cousins, I was really proud of myself and enjoyed all this craft book helped us to do. Here’s what we REALLY dig:
- Contents: The book came with all the contents to make a number of bracelets including: chords, beads, charms, ruler, and instructions.
- Variety: The instructions include several different types of bracelets, keeping girls interested at perfecting their jewelry making skills.
- Color: The girls were just giggling at all the different color options, picking the ones that fit their personality the best.
- Illustration: Each type of bracelet has separate instructions with Step-By-Step directions including a picture with each step. I’m very visual so I have to SEE what they mean and so did my girls.
- Creativity: The book gives instructions, however, the contents give each girl room for creativity.
- Clearly Girl: Sometimes, girls just need something that targets them. This book is just that, it displays “girly” colors, includes fun doodle illustration, and includes pictures of other girls just their age.
Momma Findings Improvements and Suggestions:
We had a blast making bracelets together, but there were a few things that, I feel, could be added to make it even better:
- Content Compartment: The plastic compartment on the side held it’s contents securely before we opened it. Afterwards? No so much. Would be great to include a place to keep all extra supplies with the book, as not to loose any of the beads or charms. Maybe a snap on box or Ziploc-Like sturdy bag included on the binder rungs?
- Inspection of Beads: We had quite a few beads that didn’t have holes in them. It was kind of a bummer realizing they wouldn’t work with the bracelets and color scheme the girls chose. Would love to see more usable supplies included or an inspection statement on the book or website.
- Choking Hazard: As always with small supplies, it can pose a choking hazard to younger children, so make sure to keep aways from little ones. Those beads sure can look like candy.
The End Result:
In the end, we had such a great bonding experience and learned a lot about being crafty. The fun never stopped until we closed the book. Our result?
You can purchase your own Fancy Friendship Bracelets book by Klutz by visiting www.klutz.com for the suggested retail price of $19.95. Need more supplies? You can purchase the extra friendship bracelet supplies for an additional $9.95.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016