Earlier this month, my family and I had the opportunity to attend a special advanced screening of Universal Pictures new movie Despicable Me in 3D. The movie doesn’t hit theaters until July 9th, so this was a treat I was not expecting.
As a family of five, our budget is usually very tight when it comes to going to the movies. My children understand that outings like this are carefully planned in advance and they usually count down the days, however, when we were invited to see Despicable Me I didn’t have to worry about “budgeting it in”. The kids were over excited and watching the movie trailer over and over on my Palm Pre in the car. We had a great time full of laughs and I’ve got the skinny for ya!
In a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose bushes, sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknownst to the neighbors, hidden deep beneath this home is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by an army of tireless, little yellow minions, we discover Gru (Steve Carell), planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon (Yes, the moon!) in Universal’s new 3-D CGI feature, Despicable Me.
Gru delights in all things wicked. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad.One of the world’s greatest super-villains has just met his greatest challenge: three little girls named Margo, Edith and Agnes.
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
I’m going to give you a very honest opinion that you might or might not like. This month we’ve seen two new movies: Despicable Me and Toy Story 3. Our favorite, hands down, is Despicable Me. I know, it’s a strong statement to give, because Toy Story is a classic, but we laughed over and over while watching Gru and his Army of Minions. It wasn’t full of scary moments, but more with silly moments children can relate to.
It’s about a a Father who never expected to be a Father. A man, who realized just how much his children mean to him and how much he’s willing to do for that love. It was so sweet!
Two moments my children keep talking about are in the Amusement Park Scene. I won’t go into detail so as to spoil the movie, but I’m going to give you two pictures that my own 3-year-old keeps acting out:
Despicable Me hits theaters July 9th!
Thanks to Universal Pictures, I’ve got Despicable Me Prize Packs to give to three (3) lucky readers.
Winners will receive:
- Youth Shirt
- Youth Hat
- Moo-Can (it Moos!)
- Pencil with Minion Topper
- Minion Ink Stamp
We laughed the entire movie so I’m curious to know, after watching the sneak preview clip above, what part made you laugh the most?
Extra Entry Options:
- FIVE EXTRA ENTRIES if you subscribe to both the Momma Findings You Tube Channel and GruTube. You’ll find all the latest video blogs, reviews, and happenings from little ole’ me and Despicable Me. Leave user name in the comment section.
- THREE EXTRA ENTRIES if you blog about all the Summer Movies you’re looking forward to watching. Please link to the official Despicable Me website and this post.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY by following me on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway with a reply to @Sarann and hashtag #DespicableMe
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming an email subscriber. Form on the right side.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY becoming a Facebook Networked Blog follower.
- ONE EXTRA ENTRY follow us on Google Friends.
Contest starts today June 25st – July 9th Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to lucky winners: Darcie K, Freddie, and Staci. Please check you inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016