Summer is here which means two things: Fun is always to be had and the budget is always tight. Having the kids out of school and, instantly, increases our dollar spent on groceries. There’s more snacking and more I’m bored! Let’s go have some fun! For a one income family of five, it’s hard to stay on budget, yet, build Summer memories they’ll remember.
I shop exclusively at one grocery store: H-E-B. For other things I can’t buy there, I head over to stores that help me stretch my family dollar and there is no place quite like the Family Dollar store. So, I did a little shopping to kick-off our Summer!
When Leon Levine opened the doors to the first Family Dollar store over 50 years ago, his goal was to provide quality merchandise at everyday low prices in easy-to-shop neighborhood locations. Leon was a firm believer that his “customers are the boss, and you need to keep them happy.” Name brands at low prices include: Luvs, Downy, Dove, Febreze, Scott, Mattell, Glad, Kellogg’s, Huggies, Tide, Clorox, Hefty, Pantene, Energizer, Pringles, Hidden Valley, Mott’s, Gillette, Bugle Boy, Eckrich, and MORE!
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
Family Dollar let us in on their new line of kids clothes and accessories called Kidgets. Check it out:
Such great buys for families on a budget. Who am I kidding? Every family is on a budget these days! Since my children have outgrown the sizes Kidgets carries (Newborn-Toddler), I couldn’t review all these adorable outfits. Instead, they sent me on a mission, to kick off our Summer. WE found lots of Summer Must-Haves at low prices:
- Outdoor Fun: Swim Goggles, Pool Toys, Floaties, “Swimming Noodles”, Tubes,Bubbles, Water Guns, kids lounging chairs, and MORE!
- Cookout: Charcoal, Lighter Fluid, Accessories, Colorful plates, Fruit bowls, Drink Pitchers
- Snacks: Chips, Fruit Snacks, Fruit Cups, and Cookies
- Cooling Off: Ice Pop molds, Juice Boxes, Sodas, Bottled Water
Overall, it was a successful trip. We bought ALL these goodies and stayed under $50.00!
What a great way to kick off our Summer, but I couldn’t quite TELL you how we did it. I have to SHOW you:
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016