The last six weeks, I’ve had the joy of being an Aquafina FlavorSplash Mom. Aquafina packages were sent to us every Monday and it was something we looked forward to. The kids and I, tried to guess the Flavor of the Week discussing our favorite fruit flavors and drinks. My 3-year-old took these days very seriously since his job was to stock the fridge with our the delivered water.
I think that’s what I enjoyed, most of all, about being chosen to be an Aquafina Mom, the ability to change our drinking habits and create an open dialog with my children. In just over a month, I’ve had open discussions with my children about why they don’t like water and different ways we can change that.
Now, I can definitely get used to drinking peach water because it’s my favorite flavor. Have you ever stirred peaches into vanilla ice cream? So GOOD! After my son stocked the fridge and we gave the water time to cool, we had a sampling and then talked about our favorite FlavorSplash water. Overall, the kids are still loving the mixed berry. I have fallen in love with the peach mango, but in the end it’s given us the ability to better our health.
My children love juice and soda. What kid doesn’t? Having more flavored water around the house changed their thinking and habits. Instead of reaching for a juicebox or pouring a glass of soda, they wanted water. When we ran out of Flavor Splash, I replaced it with plain water. You know what? They STILL reached for it. So, how can you change a family’s drinking habits? We did 7 easy things:
- Kept cold bottles of FlavorSplash and Regular water in the fridge for easy reach.
- Packed water in our insulated bag for long outings.
- Talked about FlavorSplash with other families at Cheerleading and the Gym.
- Made Ice Pops out of our favorite FlavorSplash water.
- Used Aquafina FlavorSplash lip balm to keep our lips from drying outside.
- Created gifts with our FlavorSplash water, coupons, and lip balm.
- Purchased fun water bottles for each child to “personalize” their water drinking.
One thing’s for sure, it’s hot here in SE Texas and it’s only going to get hotter. Teaching my young children the importance of hydration is a must to avoid dehydration and overheating. They’ve learned our bodies feel better by drinking more water and they now offer water to their friends before reaching for sugary drinks.
It’s a hot summer, but we know how to make it refreshing!
Thanks to Mom Central and Aquafina, Momma Findings wants help you change your family’s drinking habits. One lucky winner will win two six packs of Aquafina FlavorSplash water (via coupons) to jumpstart your water drinking.
Tell me, in the comment section, if you struggle to get your children to drink water. Why or why not?
Extra Entry Options:
– 5 Extra Entries if you blog about your family’s drinking habits. Please link to Aquafina and this post.
– Follow me on Twitter and send out a Tweet linking to this contest and @Sarann
– Sign up to be an email subscriber right there on the right side.
– Follow Momma Findings on Facebook Networked Blogs (scroll ALLL the way to the bottom of the blog for the link).
– Follow Momma Findings on Google Friends.
Contest starts today June 17th – July 1st Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED** Congrats to our winner Jenna B. Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016