Families and children everywhere have been gearing up for the Shrek Forever After 3D movie. Who doesn’t love Shrek, Fiona, and their little babies? For me, it’s definitely Puss in Boots mainly because of his dashing Spanish accent. Do you remember me saying how I’m a sucker for Spanish speaking celebrities?
Well, now families can dive right into the Shrek Saga, at home, with the Activision’s newest game Shrek Forever After for Nintendo Wii. It’s your ultimate adventure with the cast you’ve grown to love: Shrek, Fiona, Puss in Boots, and, of course, Donkey.
Team up with your friends in the ultimate Shrek game, based on Dreamworks Animation’s final Shrek movie. Play as Shrek, Puss In Boots, Donkey and Fiona to out-smart, out-fight, and out-play that crafty Rumpelstiltskin. Team up with up to four of your friends and be transported to an alternate version of Far, Far Away in this quest to save your home. Use each character’s unique abilities to solve puzzles and unleash their powerful fighting moves to defeat enemies in exciting gameplay. Switch between Shrek’s normal world and the alternate reality for double the adventure, and re-discover your inner ogre to restore your world to its former glory.
- Based on the DreamWorks Animation film
- Play as Shrek, Fiona, Donkey and Puss In Boots as you fight to save Far, Far Away from the crafty Rumplestiltskin
- Utilize each character’s fighting moves and unique abilities in your quest
- Morph between Shrek’s normal world and his alternate reality for twice the adventure
- Enjoy fun and exciting gameplay through a combination of problem solving and mash-em-up fighting
- Play with up to four people in drop-in, drop-out cooperative mode
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
When we were asked to review Shrek Forever After game, I did not hesitate. We’re a gaming family and love playing the Wii together, but, even more than that, we’re big fans of Shrek. The kids are super excited to watch the movie and I thought this would be a great way to add to that excitement.
My daughter, immediately, started reading the book. My oldest started in on the Mad Libs. Can you believe he didn’t even know what it was?! Then my 3-year-old, the master of the Wii, checked out the game.
I love the fact that you can play with up to four players. We have three children and now that it’s Summer, I’d like to limit any sibling fights in this house. They can all play together at the same time, instead of taking turns. You have your choice of being either Fiona (my favorite), Shrek, Puss in Boots, or Donkey. Each character has very unique fighting abilities and it’s easy to “drop in” and “drop off” depending on what you need during your quest. It was a little tricky at first, but we got the hang of it. My daughter, especially, liked the fact that you can morph in between Shrek’s lives, his normal life and his alternate life.
You can purchase your own Shrek Forever After Wii Game anywhere video games are sold or Amazon.com for the suggested retail price of $49.99.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016