Today marks the day for all of you Sex and the City fanatics! No, the movie doesn’t hit theaters until May 27th (hold on to your Jimmy Choos and wait a few days for your girls night out), but today the SATC2 Soundtrack debuts in stores and online. I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek of the album before today and it’s got me pumped to watch the movie. I, all of a sudden, want to grab all my girlfriends, don my highest heels, and head out for a night on the town.
Since, I’m towing a 3-year-old around I, instead, went to the gym this morning, plugged my ears with my ear buds, fired up my iTouch and sampled each and every song for you. There’s news girls, the song Can’t Touch It made me want to dance! Since my feet were bound to the elliptical machine I, instead, rocked my work out.
The soundtrack features a brand-new duet “Love is Your Color” by Grammy and Academy Award® winner Jennifer Hudson, along with global superstar, multi-platinum recording artist and three-time Grammy Award nominee Leona Lewis. It also includes a new song by platinum-selling CeeLo and International superstar Dido also contributes an exclusive new track. Grammy, Emmy, Golden Globe, Tony and Academy Award® winner Liza Minnelli covers Beyonce’s chart-topper “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It).” 12-time Grammy Award winner Alicia Keys performs her own extraordinary new version of the Blondie classic “Rapture”.
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee “Can’t Touch It”
9. Alicia Keys “Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down”
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis “Love Is Your Color”
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”
I’m a hip young Momma. Well, at least those are the thoughts that get me through the day. I love the variety of songs on the Sex and the City Sountrack. I grew up listening to Cindi Lauper. Alicia Keys is one of my favorite artists and Empire State of Mind is plain amazing. As I mentioned before Can’t Touch It gets one’s hips moving. Just ask my 6-year-old daughter. Her and I danced in the kitchen while we cooked dinner. Yeah. We couldn’t help it. Last, but certainly not least how can you POSSIBLY go wrong with Liza Minnelli singing Single Ladies? I’m anxious to watch Sex and the City 2 to see just how the music is arranged throughout.
You can purchase Sex and the City Soundtrack on Amazon.com for the suggested retail price of $16.98, however, today you’ve got a deal because it’s marked down for $11.99.
Don’t forget to enter to win a phone call from Carrie Bradshaw(Sarah Jessica Parker) herself!
Thanks to One2One Network and Water Tower Music, Momma Findings is happy to giveaway one copy of the Sex and the City Soundtrack to one lucky reader.
Tell me, in the comment section, what Sex and the City Character you relate to the most. Are you a Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, or a Samantha? Why?
Extra Entry Options:
– 5 Extra Entries if you blog the answer you stated above. Please link to the Official Sex and the City Soundtrack website and this post.
– Follow me on Twitter and send out a Tweet linking to this contest and @Sarann
– Sign up to be an email subscriber right there on the right side
– Add the Momma Findings button to your blog sidebar
– Follow Momma Findings on Facebook Networked Blogs (scroll ALLL the way to the bottom of the blog for the link).
– Follow Momma Findings on Google Friends.
Contest starts today May 25th – June 8th Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED*** Congrats to Amber our lucky winner. Please check you inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016