It’s been a month since I let you guys in on my technological jump. I switched from the BlackBerry Storm to the NEW Verizon Palm Pre Plus and took all of you along my little journey. Did it reach my expectations? Were the Apps up to par? Could I multi-task my life as a Mom?
Well, the report is in and, without any hesitation, I’d say the Palm Pre Plus has found a place in our little family due to it’s many functions: Photo, Video, Easy Synchronizing, WebOS, Apps, Calendars, Task Lists, oh and did you know you can use it to CALL people too? Out of the seven previous posts I wrote, I left that little tidbit out.
- The Purchase: When a Momma hits a wireless store with her ever-so-energetic toddler, it’s essential to get in, get done, and get out. I was less than impressed that I was at my Verizon Wireless store over two hours and was given different information from my previous visit the week before. However, the Verizon associates that helped me, at the Baytown location, did get me armed, ready, and prepared for my Palm Pre Plus journey. I’ll throw out two “Thank-You’s” to Grant and Consuelo for clearing up any confusion and helping me purchase the phone, but the BIG thank you goes to Omar who essentially synced and transferred all of my life in my Blackberry to my Palm Pre Plus, along with giving me a quick demo, and answering annoying questions from me all month long. He’s been a major help and I kinda wish I could carry him in my pocket all day long anytime I have a question, but alas… that might be a little inappropriate and claustrophobic for him.
- My First Impression: Examining the outside of the phone, I let you guys in on every single detail. I, literally, judged my Palm Pre Plus by what the eye can see.. front, back, sides, weight, screen. The Pink Kinda Girl inside was a little giddy over this arm candy.
- New Age Alarm Clock: It was SeaWorld trip day and Daylight Savings. My Palm Pre Plus “sprung forward” for me and kept me on task to getting packed, on the road, and ready to enjoy our Spring Break Vacation.
- Multi-Tasking SmartPhone: I dissected my Momma Brain for you. There’s lots of room for dirty clothes and cooking, little room for sleep or me time, but the Palm Pre Plus helps my multi-tasking brain stay a little more organized with Task Lists, Calendars, Multiple Open Apps, Messaging, and Linking my contacts (I guess I really don’t need Omar in my pocket all day long, huh?)
- Picture Perfect Moments: It’s a phone. I can call, text, email, and wait.. take awesome pictures too? Take it to the park, on vacation, heck take it to capture all the crazies at Wal-mart at Midnight.
- Video-on-the-Go: I get mushy sometimes. I’m a Momma that wants to capture all the cute moments in my children’s lives and get extra brownie points in my brain when I get it on video. “The stars at night are big and bright… *clap clap clap*… deep in the heart of Texas!”
- Apps Here, Apps There: Nowadays cell phones are much more than devices to call your Momma. You’ve got games, social media, news, maps, video, weather, and much more! I’m talking Apps for your Palm Pre Plus. Are they comparable to the ones you’re used to? Well, I’m missing a few.
All in all, switching from my
Crackberry Blackberry was a little frightening. Granted, I was having issues with it already, my whole life was in there. Just ask poor Omar, he was transferring my contacts and info for what seemed like FOREVER because there was just so much to transfer.
If you asked my sister, husband, or even some of my friends, they would tell you there are a few things I wasn’t too happy with when it comes to the Palm Pre Plus. The Apps aren’t comparable to what’s out there for Blackberry and iPhone, but the quality and graphics make up for that. The keyboard is a bit small and my thumbs were sore the first few days, but it took a whole 2 days to get used to it and I like “feeling” the buttons as opposed to the touchscreen keyboard. The battery life sucks your life right out of you, literally. I charge this thing overnight, during the day, in the car and it just can’t keep up the way my previous phone did, but I DO use it a whole lot more than I did because of all the cool features.
Does it put my life into one screen thats easy to “flick” through? Yes. Email? There. Apps? There. Texts? There. Calls? There. Quality? Well, it’s there too. As I said before, I can’t see myself ever switching cell phone carriers, because I’ve had nothing but great experience with Verizon Wireless and the Palm Pre Plus has actually further convinced me that the iPhone isn’t the only SmartPhone to have.
Again, thanks to all the Verizon employees at my local store, the PR Representatives involved, and all of you out there for going on this SmartPhone journey with me. My Verizon Palm Pre Plus Mommy Blogger duties end today, but stay tuned for more from this Momma. Next month I’m talking Mobile Hotspots. C’MON! All bloggers need one!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016