I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that Apps are of utmost importance when it comes to your cell phone. If not, then skip right along to another article, however, personal experience leads me to think otherwise.
Apps for your phone let you do so much more than text and call your loved ones. You can communicate through Twitter, Facebook, and other social networking tools… or Apps, mind you. So, the day I received my Verizon Palm Pre Plus, it’s not a surprise I went straight to the App Catalog to see what it has to offer in forms of small icons with big communication power. What did I find?
I’ve been extraordinarly lucky to be able to check out Apps for BlackBerry, iPhone/iTouch, and the NEW Palm Pre Plus. Blackberry has grown on me, that is until I switched over to my new phone. So, the Whrrl App? Gone. Yahoo Messenger? Gone. TweetDeck, to me, is my ultimate App for Twitter. I don’t like any other applications except this one, because I feel it’s far more superior than others I’ve tried. Imagine my disappointment when I didn’t see Tweetdeck available for WebOS on the Palm. So, what’s a girl to do?
Well, you simply go out on a limb and see what else is out there. Really there is no choice, but go at it with an optimistic outlook, because you might be surprised. So, I want to talk Apps for the Verizon Palm Pre Plus. What do I like?
– Twee: Yes, I love me some Twee. This App is just as easy to use as Tweetdeck and it’s FREE. Okay. Wait. I’ll take that back right now. It’s actually $2.99, but there is a free version called TweeFree. You get all the good Twee has to offer except you don’t have access to Twitter Lists. I’m okay with that, while I’m On-the-Go.
– Facebook: Alright, I’m still trying to get used to this App for the Palm. I love that it’s quick and easy. You can upload pictures and video in a snap, however, it doesn’t notify me when someone comments or sends me a message. I have to rely on my email to do that. Also, I couldn’t find a way to chat on FB with my friends, probably because I “unsynced” them from my contacts (Too many contacts for a phone. Who needs 300 added contacts??)
– Google Maps: One of my ultimate favorites, is the ability to find your way around town. With a quick tap, you’ve got Google Maps in the “Palm” of your hand. It tells you where you are, helps you find places to go, and EVEN gives you directions in forms of walking, driving, or train. This App comes standard on your phone.
– Flixster: Yes, that tub of popcorn icon gives you the “skinny” on what movies are showing, where to find them, and what time they start. Can we say last minute date night with Hubby? Feeling like a night in because your sitter, unexpectedly cancelled? Well, Flixter tells you what’s new on DVD too! Check it out for FREE!
– Backgrounds: This one is pretty cheesy, but I have fallen in love with it because I’m constantly changing the picture on my phone to demonstrate the mood I’m in. One day it’s all about the colorful Peeps (for Easter of course) and the next minute I’m feeling kind of lovey-dovey and that’s when the Stoplight with the RedHeart comes in. There are TONS of background pictures to choose from and yes… it’s FREE.
– Amazon MP3: Okay, I’ll be honest and say I haven’t used this one much. I’m an iTunes kinda girl because of my iTouch, however, if you’re looking for music and new albums and want to purchase straight to your phone, this would be the App for you. Again, this one comes standard when you receive your phone.
– You Tube: I’m loving “The Tube” on my phone. I can search for Disney shows on You Tube and my toddler is happy with the clips we find. Also, being I don’t have any of my music on my phone yet, I search for John Mayer or Chris Tomlin and I can listen instantly via You Tube. Standard on the phone.
– Task List: I dedicated a WHOLE post about the awesome Task List. I love it. It keeps my brain organized and helps me check off the daily tasks of MommaHood.
– Other Notable Apps: The Weather Channel, because you’ve got to be prepared for rain or cold weather before school. The Today Show App, because my toddler takes my TV hostage as soon as he wakes up, leaving me to my App to catch up and, the growing in popularity, Foursquare.
I will say this, about the Apps available, I’m glad to hear there are new ones being added daily. I’m missing my Kideos for toddler boy and find that free apps are limited with the Palm Pre Plus. I’m a big fan of free, however, if I find an App I absolutely love I’ll shell out the money.
Also, Palm makes it really easy to organize your favorites apps on your main navigation bar or on the first page. Simply hold for 2 seconds and slide over to where you want it. Yes. It really is that easy.
So, Palm Pre Plus users, what Apps have you absolutely loved thus far? Are there any you’re really missing?
So, I’ve got one more post concerning my Verizon Palm Pre Plus Mommy Blogger Journey. My recap will include everything under the sun. What role will this device play in my life as a Mom? Does it really help me juggle the life of three small children, one husband, and a blog that needs to be constantly maintained? Tune in before March 31st to find out.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016