My very first slumber party definitely marks the day I became obessessed with everything girly. I was a bit of a tomboy when I was a little girl, short hair and never in a dress, but the day I saw my friend Mandy waltz in with her pink Barbie overnight bag, my personality changed from all things baseball to all things pink, girly, and frilly.
Having a daughter of my own, I love the fact that my daughter is all girl. If it’s pink, she wants it. If it’ll make her look cute, she wants it. It’s not all about looking good, but having fun and being comfortable with your personality and who you are inside. I can’t wait for her to go to her very first, official, slumber party because we have discovered the cutest overnight bag and slippers for just the occasion.
Oobees, started by four women, is your online destination for footwear and fun. Items included in their line are: outdoor slippers, overnight bags, cosmetic bags, purses, matching blankets and pillows. When they looked for a name for the business, they made up the word Oobees. “We wanted something that sounded fun, not too girlish but cute,” Humphrey said. “We wanted it to have its own name. We want to be ‘Scotch tape.'”Although the Oobees footwear was designed with girls in mind, there is a number of boys who are requesting different designs.
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
We were lucky enough to check out two of their coordinating items, first hand, and before I even took them out of the box, my 6-year-old daughter was grinning from ear to ear because the design on the box SCREAMS girly. Check it out:
Sadie’s Hubba Hubba Bubblegum Pink and Orange overnight bag and matching slippers were just up our alley and here’s why:
- Size: Girls like to pack a LOT when they head out with friends, especially at Slumber parties. Including clothes, you’ve got to leave room for the iPod, different shoes, slippers, nail kit, books, etc.
- Durability: Both the slippers and the bag are just really sturdy! The slippers are made to be worn outside, just like shoes. They are cute enough for indoors, but if you’re running outside to grab the movies you left in the car, well you won’t be ruining the soles. Same goes for the bag. The straps are really thick and made to carry all a girl needs overnight.
- Design: We loved our pink and orange bag, however, they have so many cute designs that any girl would die for, mixing up just the perfect colors and prints.
- Variety: You can look for various items to mix and match including cosmetic cases, blankets, and pillows. Very cool
Overall, we’ve added our Oobees to a Must-Have for any girl, no matter their age. I’m 28 (okay, okay, 29 next month) and I want a pair of slippers myself. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve had to run outside to the bus stop in my slippers because my son forgot his homework or my toddler decided he’d run after the ice cream truck.
To purchase Oobees’ products, visit their website at, www.oobees.com. Overnight bags and slippers retail for $29.95 each individually.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016