I live with monkeys. Three little monkeys run around my house, laughing, jumping, and getting into all the trouble their curious little minds can take. Bringing worms in the house, throwing gardening tools on the roof, and even burying Barbie in the ground are just a few instances where I had to, merely…. well… laugh.
My children are learning about the world around them, unfortunately, gravity is still a concept that baffles them and each time they fall, I’m there to pick them up, smile, and kiss the hurt away. When they wrangle all the neighborhood kids and march into my house with laughter, I sometimes think I should start charging people to enter this zoo. When it’s all said and done and all they want to do is relax, we pull out a movie from our media library, also known as the shelf in our coat closet. Our newest movie edition involves a curious monkey, a cross-country adventure, and the importance of family and friends.
The world’s most beloved and inquisitive monkey is back in Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey, the fun-filled sequel to the hit animated movie. Join Curious George and The Man with the Yellow Hat as they set out on a madcap cross-country adventure to reunite Kayla, a homesick elephant, with her family. This unlikely trio faces all types of comic calamities and colorful characters and in the end, learn that with family, friends and determination, you can achieve anything. Featuring the voices of Tim Curry, Matt Lauer, Jamie Kennedy and Jerry Lewis, Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey, “proves that family, friends – and curiosity – are number one.” (Francine Brokaw, Los Angeles Family Magazine)
- Two Never Before Seen Bonus Shows from the all-new TV season! See the premiere episode 6 months before it airs!
- Curious George’s Cross Country Caper Game – It’s more fun than a barrel of you-know-what when George and Kayla go on the run with security specialist Marcus Wolfe hot on their trail!
- Exciting puzzles lead the way from New York to California so Kayla can visit her brother and sister. But be careful—a wrong answer could bring the Wolfe right to their door!
- Hold On, Here We Go – Exclusive Music Video
- Coloring Pages and Wallpapers
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
Let me just say, I grew up reading Curious George books. Just like it was yesterday, I remember my librarian reading them to my class. It amazes me that my children can experience a classic, like Curious George, in a variety of ways such as: Television shows, Computer Games, Board Games, Books, and Full Animated Movies.
As we watched Curious George 2, we talked about how good intentions can sometimes go differently than we originally planned, but there will always be support from family along the way. After the popcorn was gone and the movie ended, we took full advantage of the bonus games on the DVD and even printed out coloring pages for my toddler.
My 7-year-old son wasn’t QUITE into the movie, saying Curious George is for babies and with my jaw dropped, I explained, “I’m 28 years old and I STILL love Curious George. Am I a baby?” Apparently, in his eyes, if the show airs on PBS Kids in the morning, it’s for babies. The funny thing is, he glanced up from his Nintendo DS to see us laughing and cuddling that he just HAD to join us.
All in all, Momma Findings finds it family friendly and definitely a great conversation starter to talk about helping those in need.
Movie Sneak Peek:
Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $19.95 where ever movies are sold or Amazon.com.
As an added savings value to consumers for a limited time, a $5 grocery cash check card mail-in offer will be included in DVD copies of Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey and the purchase of the DVD includes an instant $3 savings towards any Curious George catalog, TV or DVD title purchased in tandem.
Momma Findings is happy to be giving away one copy of Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey to one lucky reader.
We’re talking about a rascal of a monkey. I mean, Curious George, is so mischievous, yet you can’t help but love him. Tell me, in the comment section, something crazy your monkey …err.. i mean child has done. Jump from the kitchen counter? Flush rocks down the toilet?
Extra Entry Options:
– Five EXTRA entries by blogging about YOUR curious monkeys (crazy things your kids have done) and link to this post.
– Follow me on Twitter and send out a Tweet linking to this contest and @Sarann
– Sign up to be an email subscriber right there on the right side
– Add the Momma Findings button to your blog sidebar
– Follow Momma Findings on Facebook Networked Blogs (scroll ALLL the way to the bottom of the blog for the link).
– Follow Momma Findings on Google Friends .
Contest starts today March 12th – March 26th Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***Contest Has Now Ended***
Congrats to karin56381 for winning! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize!
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016