There’s no hiding the love I have for breakfast foods. Eggs, Bacon, Biscuits, and Pancakes? You name it, I love it, but if you mix it in with helping local organizations and fundraising, well you’ve just just made my heart sing. One particular organization that’s near and dear to my heart is Special Olympics. My younger brother has struggled, with an undiagnosed syndrome. Doctors believe it’s Fragile X Syndrome, but we, as a family, could never let him endure the rigorous testing just to give it a name.
We didn’t live a normal life. There were lots of Doctor visits, lots of special schools, lots of questions, but in the end? We had Faith it would be okay. Now he reminds us, daily, how independent he can be and I think, it’s due, in large part, to the Special Olympics organization. So, when I received information regarding the new Bisquick Pancake Nation, the wheels started turning at how we can raise money for all the kids in my local area in Special Olympics and Special Education.
About Bisquick Pancake Nation:
Bisquick Pancake Nation is a national effort to inspire pancake lovers to unite through pancake breakfasts. Join the Bisquick Pancake Nation to find everything you need to know about planning and hosting a pancake breakfast fundraiser. From now through May 31st, you can apply for a $250.00 grant* for your qualified non-profit organization so that you can host your own pancake breakfast fundraiser in your local community.
Bisquick Pancake Nation Website Features:
- The Pancake Finder—locate a nearby pancake fundraiser
- Pancake Mix—customize a future Bisquick Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser with some fun tips on what to serve with pancakes
- Calculator—plan shopping for just the right amount of ingredients for expected guests
- Placemats—download and print so guests can share trivia and play games while they eat
This website is so helpful, they even have fun items to incorporate into your Pancake Breakfast such as the Pancake Height Chart. Tell me you haven’t been curious to know how tall you are in pancakes?!
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
As I mentioned above, Special Olympics is my soft spot. These local athletes, often times, need money for uniforms, gear, sports clothing, and even the simple things like gas to get to practice. Wouldn’t it be amazing to simply, give their parents the tools to help them become successful?
I will be the first to say, pancakes don’t like me. Somehow, someway I don’t usually make the BEST pancakes in the world, but thanks to My BlogSpark I can do a little practicing. They sent me a few little goodies to get me on my way along with the information I need to apply for a grant to start a pancake fundraiser for the Special Olympics athletes.
Yes, YES, you probably envy me for receiving my Bisquick goodies, but check it out: I’m giving you guys the chance to win a Bisquick Prize Pack of your own! This will give you lots of Pancake practice time, so you’ll have the confidence to start your own Pancake Fundraiser.
In the comment section, tell me which local organization you would like to help coordinate a pancake breakfast fundraiser and why?
Extra Entry Options:
– Five EXTRA entries by blogging about Bisquick Pancake Nation. Please link to their official website and this post.
– Follow me on Twitter and send out a Tweet linking to this contest and @Sarann
– Sign up to be an email subscriber right there on the right side
– Add the Momma Findings button to your blog sidebar
– Follow Momma Findings on Facebook Networked Blogs (scroll ALLL the way to the bottom of the blog for the link).
– Follow Momma Findings on Google Friends .
Contest starts today March 4th – March 15th Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED***
Congrats to Deborah, our winner! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016