Earlier this week, I spoke about Potty Training with NEW Technology. Our children are growing up in a world of which, I knew nothing about, when I was a kid. Laptops, Blackberries, iPhones? Looking at my young children, I can’t help but think how far we’ve come in technological advances and how information, knowledge, and possibilities are endless. No wonder, it only took my 3-year-old son about a week to work a laptop. He has his 6 and 7-year-old siblings to help him!
All kidding aside, computers are essential to children and students everywhere to learn and engage in the world around them. That’s why we’re happy to let all of you know about the Win & Give a Laptop initiative by Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored Snacks.
About One Laptop per Child:
With specially marked boxes of kid favorites – including Fruit Roll-Ups, Gushers, Fruit by the Foot, and Stickerz & Shapes – your child could win one laptop to keep and Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored Snacks will donate another to a child in Africa.
Each day from now through May 30, 2010, one laptop prize will be awarded to a U.S. winner. For every laptop won, one laptop will be donated to an African child through One Laptop per Child, an organization that creates educational opportunities for the world’s poorest children by providing each child with a rugged, low-cost, low-power connected laptop with content and software designed for collaborative, joyful, self-empowered learning. For your chance to win, simply enter the unique online code printed on participating Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored Snack packages on www.WinOneGiveOne.com.
One Laptop per Child impact in Africa:
Momma Findings Family Thoughts:
My children and I had the opportunity to check out the One Laptop per Child Sweepstakes, first hand, thanks to My Blog Spark. We enjoyed sampling Betty Crocker fruit flavored snacks and were thrilled to enter our own codes to win a laptop for our family. Most importantly, it gave me an open window to speak to my children about how we are called to help those around us, especially during natural disasters and in low-income areas close to us. Here are a few topics you can talk to your children about:
- Who do you think may need help from ordinary people like us?
- What are some ways you feel we, as a family, can help people in need?
- How did it make you feel when you’ve helped someone?
- What essentials do you think people need?
- Is there a certain charity your passionate about?
- If you could go ANYWHERE to help people in need, where would it be?
Kids can get so excited about winning, but throw in the “Give Factor” and you’ll see delight in their eyes thinking they could possibly give a laptop to a child, just like them, around the world.
We’re celebrating the One Laptop per Child Sweepstakes by giving all of you the chance to win a gift pack with specially marked fruit flavored snacks by Betty Crocker and donating $25.00, in your name, to the One Laptop per Child initiative. Great snacks and the opportunity to give back, you can’t beat that!
In the comment section, tell me what you have done to encourage your children to help others. Do you volunteer at a local food bank? Regularly donate to a cause that’s dear to your heart?
Extra Entry Options:
– Five EXTRA entries by blogging about the One Laptop per Child sweepstakes by linking to the official site and this post.
– Follow me on Twitter and send out a Tweet linking to this contest and @Sarann
– Sign up to be an email subscriber right there on the right side
– Add the Momma Findings button to your blog sidebar
– Follow Momma Findings on Facebook Networked Blogs (scroll ALLL the way to the bottom of the blog for the link).
– Follow Momma Findings on Google Friends .
Contest starts today February 25th – March 11th Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
**CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED**
Congrats to Kylie, our winner! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016