Every once in awhile there is a video game that brings two children together, two children who constantly fight, who constantly bicker with one another, but come together to Just Dance
About Just Dance:
In Just Dance players learn real dance moves to songs they know and love across a wide genre of music over the past sixty years. Requiring only one Wii Remote per player, up to four people can break it down at a time, as they follow on-screen choreographed moves set to classic dance tracks, covering a wide variety of musical genres and bringing everyone to the dance floor. The game includes more than 30 chart-topping and foot stomping hits designed to get players moving right out of the box.
• Burn calories, stay fit, and enjoy a fun workout all while having a blast with your favorite songs.
• Just Dance features more than 30 licensed tracks, ranging from iconic dance hits such as “You Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer to modern day pop with “Hot N Cold” by Katy Perry.
• Scrolling lyrics lines so players can sing along to the beat.
• Step to the beat and learn real-life dance moves from music spanning the 80’s, 90’s, Disco, Rock and more.
• Raise the roof with anyone and everyone you know via fun 4 player party modes with simple controls, anyone can pick-up and play.
What We Liked:
• Easy & Fun: Just Dance is really easy to play, you simply dance! My 2-year-old even got into the groove dancing the night away with the kids! In fact, my children couldn’t get enough of this game that they woke up at the crack of dawn the NEXT day just to play again! Check it out:
• Four Player Function: The game allows you to connect up to 4 players, but really the possibilities are endless. We only own 2 remotes, but that didn’t stop Momma from getting behind the kids and dancing along as well.
• Fitness: I didn’t think I was actually getting a workout, however, the next day my legs and arms were really sore. It’s a great way to burn calories, have fun, and change up your exercise routine a bit. There’s even a Rocky song that will get you punching and grooving!
• Variety of Music: Momma got a kick out of dancing to songs from my era, MC Hammer anyone? New Kids on the Block bring back memories? The kids discovered all kinds of fun music they’d never heard of, but still jammed out to their favorites like “Who Let the Dogs Out”.
• Scrolling Lyrics: We loved this function because, as I said above, the kids didn’t know many of the songs and wanted to sing along.
• Real LIVE dance moves: It’s like dancing with an instructor, except she never slows down. Simply mirror her dance moves and pay attention to the hints/instruction from the small characters scrolling on the bottom.
• No additional equipment needed: This game is simple. Grab the Wii remote and just dance. There is no need for a Numchuck, Balance Board, or additional accessories. Ubisoft makes fun easy!
• Different Game Modes: There are so many modes to play: Quick Play, Last One Standing, Strike a Pose, and Regular. You can also set up the modes to pick music automatically or you can manually choose the songs. I like the automatic, because you never know what the challenge is going to be as each song is shuffled and chosen for you.
• Short & Long Version: Just Dance always gives you the option, before playing, if you’d like the long or the short version. For people who might not want to dance very long or simply aren’t in shape to do so, the short version is perfect. If you know you got the time and you know you got the moves, then long is more for you.
Momma Improvements & Suggestions:
• Small Scrolling Lyrics: We have a big screen TV and had difficult time reading the lyrics to the songs. The lyrics are scrolled at the bottom left hand side. A great option would be centered on the top of the screen. After awhile it didn’t matter because my children quickly learned the words to the songs.
• Amount of Songs: There are 30+ tracks on Just Dance, however, there is no mode to unlock more. We played together on New Year’s with my family and went through the songs rather quickly. I see a Just Dance 2 coming in the near future!
Just Dance for the Wii has quickly become one of our favorite games to play as a family. It’s easy, it’s fun, and quite addicting!
Just Dance can be purchased where ever video games are sold or Amazon.com for the suggested retail price of $39.99.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016