My favorite toys, as a Mom, are the toys that are fun to play with, yet engaging and educational for my children. We’re a family who loves to read and what better toy to serve as a teaching aid, than the VTech Bugsby Reading System:
Join Bugsby the Book Worm on a magical reading adventure! Your children will love reading along and interacting with their favorite characters as they build early reading skills. Kids will fall in love with reading as they have fun listening to stories read aloud by their new reading pal, Bugsby. Children build reading skills through play as Bugbsy takes them through reading comprehension, phonics, sentence structure, word recognition and more. Kid friendly in design, the Bugsby Reading System includes software cartridge with every story book title – no additional downloads required!
* Interactive reading system with pen touch technology
* Curriculum focuses on reading and language arts
* Story reading and interactive activities
* Cute bookworm character shaped pen
* Comes with bundled title featuring a story about Bugsby
Thanks to VTech, Momma Findings has the scoop on an educational toy for preschoolers.
What We Liked:
• Fun Character: In comparison, to other Reading Systems, this pen is inviting and just plain fun. Bugsby the Bookworm gives my kids a “Pal” or “Friend” to read with!
• Cartridge: Each book comes with a cartridge instead of having to download, upload, erase, plug in, turn around, do the Hokey Pokey. Just kidding. It’s refreshing to see parents and children alike can simply put the coordinating cartridge in and start reading. No more trips to the laptop, wondering if you have enough memory, or better yet, being on a trip with no computer to plug into.
• Educational: I’ve said this already, but kids will WANT to read when they see how fun it can be. Letters, numbers, and reading will come easy with Bugsby Reading System.
• Age Suggestion: This isn’t just for preschoolers or Kindergartners. My 2-year-old took a liking to Bugsby and is reading and repeating with the older children.
• Easy to Use: As I said above, my 2-year-old actually thought it was easy to use. Simply place the pen on the words to improve word and sentence building skills or simply have Bugsby read the entire story aloud to your child with the press of a button.
• Page Turning: My 6 and 7-year-old know when to turn the page due to already know how to read, however, my toddler doesn’t. There is a chime that lets your child know when it’s time to turn the page.
• Favorite Reading Characters: The system come with one starter book, however, other books can be purchased separately with Characters such as Dora the Explorer, Scooby Doo, Olivia, Wow Wow Wubbzy, and of course.. our new favorite pal, Bugsby.
• Volume: Bugsby’s volume can be easily turn up louder or down softer by using the button on the pen, however, you can also plug in headphones. Umm… *raises hand* my children are SOOOO getting new kids headphones for Christmas so this is awesome. It makes it easy to travel with in the car, eat at restaurants, or in the silence of the Pediatricians office. Sweet!
Momma Improvements & Suggestions:
• Small Book Library: While out shopping the last few weeks, I have seen very few VTech Bugsby Books, while other brands have a whole section filled of new titles. VTech is a leading brand in toys and a trusted name in our house, so I’m thinking there are more titles in the works.
• Small Cartridge: While I appreciate the fact that each Bugsby Book comes with a coordinating cartridge, they are really easy to lose. Is there a Bugsby carrying case where each book, cartridge, and pen can be stored?
All in all, this is a winner for our children. It’s fun, educational, and, as a Mom, I feel secure in knowing my kids are steadily learning and practicing their comprehension skills. I mean, before I know it, tomorrow they’ll be taking their SATS!
Buy & Connect:
VTech Bugsby Reading system can be purchased on Amazon.com for the suggested retail price of $24.99. Books sold separately from $9.99-$14.99.
Head over to VTech Kids and let me know what book you think your child would love the most with Bugsby? Why did you choose that title?
Extra Entry Options:
– 3 Extra Entries if you blog about how you mix education with fun time and toys, link back to this post and VTech Bugsby. Leave 3 separate comments with the url to your post.
– 2 Extra Entries Add the Momma Findings 2009 Holiday Gift Guide button (on your left, complete with html copy/paste code) to your blog sidebar. Leave two separate comments stating you have, along with your blog url.
– Sign up to be an email subscriber right there on the right side
– Follow Momma Findings on Facebook Networked Blogs.
– Follow Momma Findings and My Sippy Cup Runneth Over (my personal blog) on Google Friends.
– Follow me on Twitter (@Sarann) and send out a Tweet linking to both this contest and replying to @Sarann. Leave a comment with the URL link to your Tweet.
– Tell me your thoughts about my 2009 Holiday Gift Guide by leaving a comment on that post. Once you do, come back here post a separate comment stating you did.
Contest starts today December 15th – December 23rd Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
***Contest Has Now Ended*** Winner is Missybeez! Check your inbox on how to claim your prize.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016