Holidays are in full swing and I’ve got gift giving ideas spinning through my head. What do I bring to Hubby’s Office Christmas Party? What will my children’s teachers like? Do I buy for the bus driver? How about my neighbors? It gets so mind boggling and then I retreat to either the couch (with a book of course) or my laptop to ask all of you guys!
The consensus is that gifts for home entertaining are the perfect option for the holidays. They can be put to immediate use, and everyone loves digging into the goodies. I don’t know about you, but I’ve always want a years worth of Fruit of the Month. Is that cheesy?! Really? NO!
I’ll tell you something that is literally “cheesy” and the perfect option for gift giving:
What to Expect from Hickory Farms this Year:
Hickory Farms’ gifts, a holiday tradition for nearly 60 years, provide a wide selection of the famous sausages and cheeses in environmentally friendly boxes. For a limited time this holiday season, for each Party Planner Gift Box sold, Hickory Farms will donate $5 to Share Our Strength, a leading national non-profit organization working to end childhood hunger in America. Additionally, for 40 of these gift items, Hickory Farms provides free military shipping, allowing our troops across the globe to share in holiday traditions. Visit hickoryfarms.com to learn more about these two opportunities as well as the variety of gift boxes available!
Thanks to Mom Central, my family got to try a Hickory Farms Gift Basket:
Yes, it arrived one early morning and when my husband woke up, he walked to the counter, saw the Hickory Farms Box, and said, “Sweet! I’m opening it!”
What We Liked:
• Trusted Name: For nearly 60 years, Hickory Farms has been the leader in gift baskets with sausages and cheese. How can you NOT jump, as my husband did, when you see the famous Hickory Farms logo?
• Instant Gift: Gifts like this can be put to use right away. I mean, we didn’t have a chance to show it to others, because Hubby gobbled it up, however, it proves my point that recipients can use it RIGHT away.
• Variety of food: Hickory farms provides a variety of gift options on HickoryFarms.com. My particular basket provided us with two yummy Summer Sausages and a variety of gourmet cheese. Our favorite is the Apple Pie Cheddar. You can also personalize it with a card or add additional items like Flat Bread Crackers.
• Packaging: The gift box, itself, is environmentally friendly AND very sturdy I might add. Everything came neatly packaged together, not jumbled like most packages do after shipment.
• Freshness: All the items do not have to be refrigerated, making it that much easier to give as gifts, but also providing a very fresh and convenient treat. All the cheese were smooth and sausage was perfectly tender.
• Extras: I’ve gotta say this, I’ve always been a sucker for those little strawberry candies. Hickory Farms is famous for throwing in a few extras of these sweet treats. LOVE IT!
Momma Improvements & Suggestions:
• Price: Holidays bring family togetherness and the opportunity to shower others with gifts of appreciation, however, it also brings financial stress for most American families. The particular basket we sampled costs $35.00+ shipping and handling if you don’t have a store near you. It’s possible that one might be able to shop for similar items and create multiple baskets for a lower price. I will, however, vouch for the freshness and trusted name of Hickory Farms, so if you DO go the route of making your OWN gift baskets you’re losing that, “SWEET! I’m opening it!” effect.
We’re all about simplifying our Holidays this year and Hickory Farms will help you do that. There is something for everyone and it’s a gift that recipients can use immediately! Looking for more ways to simplify your Holidays? Head over to My Sippy Cup Runneth Over where I’m letting you guys in on recipes and ideas to keep your head on straight this Holiday Season.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016