We’re gearing up for the Holidays here at Momma Findings with our Holiday Gift Guide debut. In the coming weeks, you’ll see reviews and giveaways of several of those Gift ideas, helping all of you decide what to buy your sweet ones this year.
As a gaming family, Momma Findings has compiled an exciting list of Family Friendly Gaming options from Nintendo DS games, to game accessories, and Wii games that will thrill even the YOUNGEST in the family!
Today, I’m itching to let you guys in on one of our favorite games for the Nintendo DS:
In Petz Nursery, players can care for and bond with a variety of the cutest newborn animals.
Take care of lots adorable baby petz. Give them milk, keep them clean and warm, and help them grow.
Build relationships with your petz as you witness their most memorable moments, and influence their personality.
As you progress, unlock more exotic baby animals, like tigers, polar bears, and pandas. Then you can watch them play together – such as a baby puppy and polar bear.
Send your baby petz from Petz Nursery to Petz Dogz Talent Show and Hamsterz Superstarz wirelessly to continue to watch them grow.
What We Liked:
• Variety of Animals: Other games give you the ability to take care of one type of pet, Petz Nursery has a variety! You start off taking care of one, however, as your learn to be a Petz caregiver, you unlock more! Our favorite is still the Lab!
• Lifelong Skills: My daughter is learning how to take care of a pet and having fun while doing it! We discuss what would happen if we didn’t feed or play with our pet and how it affects his/her wellbeing. She’s learning and understanding how it feels developing a reltionship where she’s in the position of caregiver as she witnesses her pet grow and develop.
• Fun Activities: It’s so fun to play games with your Petz, however, our favorite if feeding and preparing their food. My daughter and I got a kick out of Lab not wanting her bottle because we weren’t holding it right.
• Cute Factor: It has to be said. Each Pet in Petz Nursery comes to you as a baby. Even my 2 year old was giggling when he saw how cute they are, especially when your baby isn’t happy. She turns away pointing her “end” at you. Definitely makes us want to keep ALL our Petz happy!
• Works With Other Games: You have the ability to send your Petz Nursery baby to other DS games such as Hamsterz Superstarz(which we don’t have yet, daughter was not happy about that) and Petz Dog Talent Show.
• Petz Give Back: New Petz games, including Petz Nursery, is part of Petz Sharing and Caring Month with ASPCA and famous pop band Honor Society. Kids and their parents can also go to the Petz Cause House on ubiworld.com,to play a variety of Petz mini-games and earn “pointz” to show their support for the ASPCA in protecting animals. From now through January 4, 2010, the total number of pointz that visitors earn will be announced weekly in the Cause House and to further support teaching kids about responsible pet care, Ubisoft’s Petz will donate funds directly to the ASPCA. How awesome is that?!
• Rated E: Petz Nursery is rated E for Everyone, which means it’s family friendly! My children are young ages 7 and under so this is a perfect gaming option.
What We Didn’t Like:
• Direction: As we first started there weren’t clear instructions on what to do, where to go, and how to do it. For younger children, such as my 6-year-old daughter, it started off in frustration and confusion. Momma loves playing DS games, especially with my children, so I was happy to sit with her and “figure” out the game. Once she learned exactly HOW to do some of the activities and what was expected of her, she was happy to be the “sole caregiver” pushing me to watch on the sidelines. 🙂
In summary, we really took to playing Petz Nursery! Spending family time together and teaching our children the importance of responsibility all in a Nintendo DS game! Not only that, but it’s a perfect Christmas Gift for girls 6 and up.
Petz games are now available on store shelves in North America. They’re rated E for Everyone at a suggested retail price of $29.99 each (Nintendo DS and DSi). You know I love saving money so I’ve got the “budget scoop” for you guys! For $27.99 you can purchase Petz Nursery at Amazon.com! Sweet.
To learn more about Petz Games head over to Ubisoft’s Parents Corner, where you’ll find a list of family friendly games, where to buy, tips on ratings, and more!
Thanks to our friends at Ubisoft, one lucky Momma Findings reader will win a Petz Nursery DS game just in time for Christmas!
Tell me, in the comment section, how you teach your child responsibility with their Pets. What feature from Petz Nursery do you think would be most beneficial when caring for the pets in YOUR home?
Extra Entry Options:
– 3 Extra Entries if you blog about Petz Sharing and Caring Month with ASPCA & UbiWorld.com. All the info you need is under Petz Give Back above. Make sure you link to both UbiWorld.com and this post. Leave a 3 separate comments with the url to your post.
– 2 Extra Entries Add the Momma Findings 2009 Holiday Gift Guide button (on your left, complete with html copy/paste code) to your blog sidebar. Leave two separate comments stating you have, along with your blog url.
– Sign up to be an email subscriber right there on the right side
– Follow Momma Findings on Facebook Networked Blogs.
– Follow Momma Findings and My Sippy Cup Runneth Over (my personal blog) on Google Friends.
– Follow me on Twitter (@Sarann) and send out a Tweet linking to both this contest and replying to @Sarann. Leave a comment with the URL link to your Tweet.
– Tell me your thoughts about my 2009 Holiday Gift Guide by leaving a comment on that post. Once you do, come back here post a separate comment stating you did.
Contest starts today November 20th – November 30th Midnight Central Time and open to US residents only. Leave each entry in separate comments. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter, but please leave a valid email address for contact purposes.
**CONTEST HAS NOW CLOSED**
Congrats to MommaStaciA! Please check your inbox on how to claim your prize
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016