I’m a busy Mom. With three children, my life is a constant go-go-go. Anything to help me breath during the day is a friend of mine. So, when Jane Doiron asked if I wanted to check out her new Cookbook Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms, I was eager to jump at the chance.
About the Cookbook:
Jane’s goal was to seek out main dish, family-favorite recipes that could be make ahead meals without sacrificing the food’s taste and texture by freezing. After years of home-testing recipes, Jane has compiled this must-have cookbook with specific make-ahead directions. In addition, Jane includes her best recipes for clever side dishes, flavorful appetizers and luscious desserts. Imagine opening your freezer to pick out a family-favorite appetizer, main dish, or dessert, and all you have to do is thaw and heat it!
Make Ahead Meals are:
• Simple to prepare.
• Simple to assemble ahead of schedule.
• Simple to freeze ahead.
• Simple for the whole family to enjoy.
When I received the cookbook, I immediately displayed it in my kitchen for inspiration. You know on the days you’re feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, and fit to quit? Yeah, on THOSE days I look over at easy recipes to help me out:
What We Liked:
• Helpful Hints: For someone who doesn’t usually “Cook Ahead” or freeze meals, I needed a little direction on how to do it, what to pack it in, etc. Jane’s helpful hints give you suggestions on what containers to use, what info to include (directions, date, oven temp), tips for cooking and preparing.
• Categories: Each section is divided in Easy-to-Find categories such as: Appetizers, Breakfast & Brunch (my favorite), Dessert, Main Dishes, Side Dishes, and Soup.
• Easy Step-By-Step Instructions: With each recipes Jane includes what to do a day ahead, how to cook it, and how to freeze it.
• Index: Looking for a particular recipe? Flip to the index and it tells you the exact page to find it on.
• Measurement Equivalents: I’m really unfamiliar with different measurements when it comes to cooking. Jane helps you by converting each from U.S. to Metric along with Weight Conversions.
• Taste: I tried out the Chicken Cannelloni and my family just devoured it!
• Kid Options: My children love to cook and Jane has awesome recipes families can cook together, however, I suggest, as a Momma Improvement to have a section dedicated to younger children with fun recipes on children classics. When THEY want to cook they can flip directly to that section, prepare the day before, and after school cook it up!
Honestly, there was really NOTHING I didn’t like about this book. Last night, I passed out on my pillow at 8:45pm from exhaustion. Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms can help me balance time in the kitchen and time to cherish with my children.
So Mommas, after making the Chicken Cannelloni, I’d like to know what recipes/meals do you usually cook ahead? This is all so new to me so inquiring minds want to know!
Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms retails for 12.95 plus shipping and handling. For more information or to make a purchase head over to: www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com.
Latest posts by Sara Patterson (see all)
- Music Monday: Just Breathe - June 20, 2016
- There is a wolf prowling our schools - May 25, 2016
- Music Monday: I completely adore the song “Priceless” - May 23, 2016